Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guide to smoking in your local park

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nomad23, Jul 30, 2009.

1. We all know the park is the place to be for many fun activities, some of which aren't particularly legal :D

So I decided to help you new guys out, because when your new a park is a easily accessible spot, many fun things to do, and if you follow these rules, it can be safe.

Parks are great for smoking weed if you know a few basics.

Rule Number 1, is never more than 3 people, trust me, it will attract attention of police, park officials, and any other brown noses. A large group of people will be followed if the park is known for caught smokers.

That leads to rule Number 2, know when to smoke at the park. The best time I have found it within the hour of sundown or sunrise. It is dark enough that you can be seen less easy, but its not too late in the night where cops start doing runs to catch the other people smoking later on into the night. When you do smoke, I really urge the use of small joints or a spoon. I personally use a spoon, that way you can pack little 2 hit bowls and if in the event you get spooked, just put it in your pocket with your thumb over the bowl. When you do smoke, PLEASE do it quick and inconspicuous. If you're with people, do not pass the bowl while it is lit to take separate hits, instead, finish your bowl, then when you're sure no one can see you, pass it directly to the person's pocket, not to their head. Passing it to someone while it is still lit extremely sketch because someone seeing that movement to our mouths will know what you're up to. Also, when lighting and smoking, do not make a circle to gawk or some shit, it attracts unneeded attention, and it also harshes my mellow with all these people up in my grill.

The last rule is the rule of location, not to obvious, not too stealthy. I know it sounds dumb when I say "not too stealthy", but here's a fact. In my park, there is a backwoods section with little foot trails (like for bikers and walkers) that is pretty far away from most people, and you can see alot of small dug outs and paths which lead to openings for smoking and drinking (there's beer cans all over from kids and such), great fucking spot right? I mean, it's got a fucking log to sit on too! That's where you're wrong. The police find these spot every week and unless you make your own spot, the cops will roll in on you during your session. What I recommend is taking a bike trail or small road that is uncommonly frequented, but it wouldn't be too suspect if you were seen walking through. Also, if shit does hit the fan, you have 2 ways out, back or forward if you're up for it (I juked a cop once when I got spotted because I brought 4 people :smoking:). If you choose to sit down, try going up on a hill, facing away from the road, but watch your back, or since only you are smoking the current bowl load, have one of your buddies check the road ahead.

When you're done smoking, chill for 5 minutes where you are, then casually leave, taking a commonly trafficked road, but stick to the trails, don't cut accross fields and such as it looks as though you came from a unfrequented location aka "Those damn kids were smokin that buddha and are jetting".

Follow these basic rules, and I guarantee with a bit of common sense, you will make it through the night without incident.

First guide here, rep appreciated, and if any suggestions come up, I will be sure to add them.

Happy Nature Toking :smoking:

2. Nice guide. I smoked at a park my whole freshman year of college but didn't quite follow any of those rules :rolleyes: We never got caught though, I actually got caught once cause I vaped in my dorm room.

Parks are the way to do it!

3. Haha man I never followed these rules for like 4 months, but after a few close calls, I decided to make some rules to follow and thought I'd share em.

4. I work the paddle boats at my local park. It is a very chill job and you can fa'show do whatever you want. My boss even smokes bud. This has nothing to do with this thread hahah

5. Bro... get a cigarette 1 hitter and all your problems are solved...

shit, i showed it to a dude today when he said he had bud but no peice and he was like "dude i dont feel like rollin' a cig-a-weed" hahaha and he saw it up close and still believed it was a bogie haha.

good shit.

6. You forgot to add one essential thing to this guide: if you can't eat it, don't bring it. In the park, anyone can and probably will snitch you out. See that guy over there with his children? He hates potheads. See the two ladies sitting on the bench eating lunch? They hate you too. So do those ducks in the pond. They are all narcs and may very well call the cops on you because they a) don't approve of pot or b) are just a bunch of dickheads who want you to get busted for the hell of it. When they see you toke from that spoon, or maybe just you exhaling with no visible cigarette/cigar, they are going to know what you are up to. If they stumble upon your little toking spot in the woods, they may call the cops. If they get close enough to even smell pot, it is often enough to get people on the phone with the police. Bringing blunts or joints remedies this in two ways. First of all, it will look to any passerby or far off person that you are just enjoying your cigar/cigarette at the park and won't warrant further investigation. And, in the even that the 5-0 does roll up, you can just pop it in your mouth and dispose of the evidence. Not so with a spoon. Plus, cops love to just chill at the park and wait for hoodlums to show up, so they may stop you, hassle you and even search you if you smell like pot or look like you may have pot. When in public, never bring anything you couldn't get rid of in a hurry.

7. + REP nice guide for the park smokers. I like to go on runs around my park and toke up .

8. ^Well said, never take your chances with people cause you don't know who you're doing illegal activities in front of. I used to get so carried away with that when I was a teen I would smoke spoons with my friends just on the sidewalk. Luckily never got caught but you can't be too careful.

9. I understand and respect all of those things, but I just find a forest, smoke (with as many people as there are idc), and jet when I'm done. 5 years and I'm still not getting caught so my basic rules are
    1) Don't be stupid
    2)Don't drop the bowl
    and you're good :D

10. nice guide. thanks man. +rep

11. Where i live , i smoke in the park any time i want wether there are lots of people or not , i think the importing thing is to respect other peoples space , just find a nice quit spot in the park where no little kids are , adults are ok , and smoke and nobody should bother you. :smoking: