Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guide to Passing a Pre-Employment Drug Screen (LABCORP)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by njoobu, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

I usually don't post on boards anymore, but I felt that I owed it to the community, seeing as information on line helped me pass my test.

I received an email the other day from HR at the company that I have an internship at, pending my passing a background check and drug screen provided by HireRight. The email gave me until the end of the week to pass the drug screen. I go to school at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and predictably I smoke a shit ton of weed when I'm there. I began detoxing the day I came home, but by the time I needed to test, I only had 8 days of sobriety and I was worried I wouldn't pass. After doing some research online, I figured out that LabCorp does not watch you pee, so I knew I was in the clear.

Let me make this clear, if you have an unsupervised drug screen, don't waste your time trying to detox: SUBSTITUTION IS THE WAY TO GO. I acquired clean urine from a friend the day of the test, and only had a few hours to practice before the test, with extensive testing, I'm sure you can get the temperature down to an artform. Here is what you need:

1. 3oz Travel Container for fluids. Choose the thinnest one with screw on cap. I'll explain later. (I found one of these at CVS for $1.99)

2. A digital thermometer. You want to find the fastest thermometer that doesn't beep, or if it does beep, find a way to disable the sounds. (I bought a Vick's brand digital thermometer at Giant for $14.99)

3. A funnel with a tip thin enough to go into the travel container

4. Boxer briefs/Compression shorts (I used Underarmor compression shorts)

4. Clean urine (I have also heard QuickFix will work, but it costs nearly $50 and I could not find it locally)

Most of this stuff you can find in your own house.

For those of you who bought the Vick's thermometer, even though it doesn't mention beeping on the package, the device still makes noise and you must silence it. What I did was use an exacto knife to cut out that silver square around the small hole on the back of the thermometer. There should be a gold plate underneath the plastic. Get a screwdriver or something and bend it back a bit (I used the right side). This will stop the thermometer from making sounds while you are in the bathroom.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing you want to do is get as much clean urine as possible into the container. My clean urine was in a Nalgene bottle, so I used the funnel.

After you have filled up the capsule with urine, get a cup of water and put it in the microwave for about a minute. I'm sure everyone's microwave is different, so just make sure that the water you pull out is very hot.

Take the lid off of your container and submerge it into the water, taking care that no water flows into the top.

Use your digital thermometer to get readings, I preheated my urine to about 108-9 because I knew there would be a 30-40ish minute wait before my sample would go in the collection cup. [The key to this step is practice, figure out how long you are going to need to keep your urine warm for, and remember, your urine should be at about body temperature at the testing center, which is 98.7]

Once the urine is at a high enough temperature, seal it back up and then place it between your thighs in your gooch region (between your sack and your anus), this will keep it warm and stop it from cooling too much. The gooch is apparently the external part of the body with the highest temperature. The compression shorts should easily hold this in place without too much discomfort. Make sure to also stash your thermometer somewhere in your shorts as well.

Once you get to the testing facility, try and gauge how long you are going to have to wait before providing a sample. Then, go to your car and get a temperature reading on your urine. If it needs reheating, which it likely will, turn your defroster on full heat and put the urine on top of it. In my car it took about 30 seconds to raise the sample 1 degree. I had to wait about 20 minutes for my test, so I heated my sample to 102 to ensure it would be close to body temp. by the time I "peed."

At the lab place I went to (LabCorp, Arlington, VA) the only precautions were me emptying my pockets, no sink in the bathroom, and the toilet didn't flush.

As quietly as you can, pour the contents of the capsule into the piss container (Mine required nearly all 3ozs) and then for good measure, give pee a little into the toilet.

Use the digital thermometer to get a reading. If it is too hot, you can stir with your finger and blow on the cup. I have heard this can cool it at a rate of 1 degree every 30 seconds, unconfirmed.

They then get the temp. of your sample, which should be close to 98.7 and send you on your way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few tips / things to consider:

-I've heard the acceptable range of temperatures is 90-100, but I have also heard that you can fail by being 2 outside of 98.7.

-If you are concerned about your sample getting too cold while sitting in the lobby, be sure to cross your legs. This will apply the most body heat to your gooch, and therefore will keep the sample warmest.

-I've have heard QuickFix and some synthetic urine works, I can't confirm this though. The warming techniques described here would also work for that though.

-If you don't own a car with a defroster, I have heard that hand warmers will work as well, just be sure to monitor the temperature of the urine.

-When getting the temperature of the urine, make sure to measure from the middle of the container, no where else.

-Though I didn't use this technique, I have heard one way to ensure temperature accuracy is to pee in the cup first yourself, dump that, and then put your sample in. Also, bear in mind that transferring a hot liquid into a cool container will lower the temperature of the liquid a few degrees.

-I have heard that it is illegal for employees to monitor you peeing unless the test is court mandated. For a pre-employment test, you can assume that this is the case. At least it was for me,

-Practice makes perfect, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, take some time to experiment with the rate that urine cools and how hot you will need your sample to be.

-Don't stress, substitution is going to work, and your going to do just fine. If worst comes to worst (ei. temperature is out of range), you may have to retake the test at a later date (more time to detox/brainstorm) or you might have might have to pee again in a little bit, supervised. Because of that, I also recommend trying to detox or dilute just to be safe.

I was so relieved this went off with no hitch after hearing many success stories on the internet. I hope this guide helps anyone else looking at pre-employment screening, specifically with LabCorp.

Best of luck to everyone, thank you to the countless posters who made my experience possible, and I hope that future stoners will find this useful. I'm off to get fuckin' ripped. :smoke:

I may add pictures later if people want, but I feel that this is self-explanatory.

2. I mean, it's not like I need this, but it looks useful. Will keep this in the back of my mind as an alternative to pass if need be :).

3. + rep. good job

4. this is how i pass all of my drug tests, works 100% of the time.... if i am looking for a job i either look for one that doesnt drug test, or if it does i quit smoking all together when i apply and then start smoking when i pass my drug test :D

5. Step one- Do not use drugs.
    Step two- Employment aka profit$$$

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Thanks for the feedback. I just remember how shitty it was having to look through countless threads and websites to find this information and thinking "why isn't this all in one place?!"

7. Gimmie a brake! Whatta ya on here for if ya don't smoke!?!

8. cuz drugs are bad

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mmmkay?

• Like Like x 1

10. Are you for real??? What a hoot!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. lmao i just got my job at target and had to pass a labcorp test

Detox Drink worked for me and i smoked 2 days before my test but this sounds helpful too

:bongin:

12. It sucks balls that you guys in the US have so many drug test's.

I've never had to take one and I don't know anyone or have I ever come across anyone who has, or even a person who's known someone who had to. Craziness.

13. yeah drug tests left and right, even in high school sports you get drug tested. And it's next to impossible to find a job that doesn't drug test (let alone actually get the job)

14. Hey! Question?...what kind of detox drink did you use? I used Mega Cleanse today before I went to my drug screening at lab corp. I haven't smoke for a week and I still can't help but be nervous. I smoke a frew times a week an weigh 140 lbs. Your post helped me reassure myself that everything will be okay. Thanks for your post!!

15. Hey everyone. This is kinda a last minute thing but I thought I'd give it a go. I have a drug test with LabCorp in like 6-8 hours and I have been practicing how to go about doing substitution almost everyday for week and a half. My set up goes like this.

I have 2 bottles that hold 2oz 's of liquid, and the disposable hand warmers along with a thermometer from Target 10 bucks not bad.

I'm planning to use a rubber band to wrap the hand warmer around the bottle but not entirely cause it doesn't wrap around all the way but the exposed side is going to touch my skin. I have worn knee high socks and placed the bottle with hand warmer in the sock. I had done intervals of 30 mins, sessions that range to 30 mins to an hour and a half, 2 hours and just to experiment...like 3-4 hours and the temperature stays pretty solid. (Now just reading this post today...which i wish i saw 2 weeks ago SMH lol its okay though other posts and sites molded everything together) =)
    My temp is steady around 97.6... maybe maybe 96.6 but definitely no lower. I know right out the pisser it should be 98.7 but do you guys think i should be good? Anything advice is much appreciated. I feel like i shouldn't worry cause i practiced but I really need this job. Thanks everyone.

16. I love being in Canada, where it's against the law to force a pre-employment drug test or random tests.

17. Felt obligated to put this on here since I have been reading all the threads this week on how to pass a drug test. I also had to go through Labcorp, but didn't realize they let you have a bathroom all to yourself. Knowing this, I would have probably had a clean sample with me instead. But I didn't and had 48 hours to get clean. I ran my ass off and drank a ton of water up until the morning I took the test. I bought Terminader Gold 60 for around $30 at a local head shop and drank that about 1 1/2 hours before the test. Pissed a few times before I went to the test and came out squeaky clean. LabCorp actually sends off your sample to the lab and they made me sweat bullets for 3 days until I actually got a call from my new work that I passed and could start working. Stay away from the crazy ideas like taking weird pills or drinking chlorine ect, labs can test for these things now and will more than likely call for a failed test or make you re-test. B-vitamins and creatine as well as yellow #5 are the main ingredients in Gold 60. You will piss clear and raise suspicion if not for the yellow coloring of the drink. Highly recommend this product.

18. Here, this is how you pass a drug test. I have used this formula countless times in the Military, and to pass two civilian pre-employment drug test. You must do this right! This was given to me by Navy recruiter. I was a daily smoker and I did this formula, and passed the MEPS piss test in 7 days. But you need atleast 3 days, but to be safe, do this for 5 days.

Niacin 500 mg three times a day for five days
    Dandelion Root 500 mg three times a day for five days
    Goldenseal Root 500 mg three times a day for three days
    Drink at least 128oz of water(a gallon) a day.
    Do some cardio, and if you access to a sauna, hang out in there for 10-15 minutes. Do not smoke weed or do any other drugs. Alcohol, while I did drink while flushing, is not recommended. You want your body HYDRATED. Take a superfoods formula to balance out your body, and take a B complex vitamin everyday.

On the day of the test, let's say you take it at noon. Keep drinking water(at least 70 oz), and 16 oz of gatorade, and take TWO b complex vitamins(all of this 2-4 hours before test). It is also highly recommended while doing this flush, to take a Creatine supplement. The B vitamins and gatorade make your piss yellow and keep your electrolytes high. The creatine supplements reduce the chances of your piss test coming back as 'Negative-dilute'. Now, I do work out, but I have a high body fat percentage. This formula has NEVER failed me, for atleast five drug tests. I had a drug test on a Wednesday, so I started 'the flush' on Thursday, but on Friday night I fucked up and had a few puffs. No worry, I just kept doing the flush and I took Niacin up until the actual test, and it came back good. Some people say don't take Niacin the day of the test, but I don't think it makes a difference. Make sure you do not give them the beginning or end of the stream. I took my test at labcorp. Give yourself two days of NOT taking Goldenseal as many places test for it, but with plenty of water it can be out in 24 hours(48 hours just to be safe). Don't listen to people who say Niacin doesn't make a difference. I have passed MILITARY GRADE drug test using this formula, given to me by the NAVY!

19. Stop for two weeks, get job, start smoking

Lower tolerance, anywhere from 20-200+ dollars saved, new income, clear head
    Why don't people just quit? I don't understand, more pros then cons in the situation

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Heres another way that I use and I think is a lot less of a hassle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.