Guide to Enjoying Sobriety

Discussion in 'General' started by MyNamesYauch, May 31, 2007.

1. I know that I am not the only person here who could benefit from such a guide, as there are always occasions when you may find yourself needing to give up smoking for a period of time (drug tests, out of money, cant find weed). I will put a few things in here but I think this will be a good area for everyone to share a little expertise, as this about life and we all have different ones!

1. Geek out at everything! laughter is by far one of the best medicines, and overdoses will not kill you, they'll make you happier

2. find Somebody to love

3. Listen to new music, as the music you like to listen to stoned will put you in the "I should be stoned for this" mentality

4. Be active, after a good workout you wont even think about getting high for at least an hour

5. Play guitar... playing trippy ass shit on my guitar totally stones me in a different kind of way

.... this is all i can really think of right now.. what'chu got?

2. exercise seems to work the best..

3. develop a relationship with the God Almighty, who is in full control of this world and have plans for each and every one of us.

4. lol, a relationship with an invisible all powerful man in the sky isn't exactly easiest or makes sense when one is sober :p

I just do other stuff. I learn, read, and play a lot of sax.

5. Read, Play Golf, Fish, Swim

6. wait......is this guy serious?

anyway, i believe doings things that you can enjoy sober is the best cure. For example, i used to play competitive tennis for my school and in tournaments but i stopped playing competitively because i did not enjoy taking a sport so seriously so now i play with my older brother pretty often and after every time i play with him, it seriously is just really fun and puts me in a great mood.

i guess what i am trying to say is that if you really can't stand being sober, then do the things that put you in a good mood whether you are sober, high, drunk, or under any other state of conscious lol

7. exercise, work out, do things that make you happy, stay active, stay busy, and yes im serious about having a relationship with God..

8. 1. Do as I would do on any other day?

Am I the only person on this site who doesn't mind being 'sober'? Seems like everyone views even a break of a few days as something terrible, you coped before you started smoking, you can cope now. I just can't understand, I go weeks without smoking, sure I'd often enjoy to smoke...but I certaintly don't need it.

Sorry for lack of actual contribution for anyone seeking out such a 'guide'

9. lol please no god debate. but yeah working out and just genraly doing anything that makes you swet.

10. Take realizations and person introspection, and apply them to a sober life. If you made a realization on pot or acid, take that and think about that with a straight mind.

Mediate. Introspect. Before you go to sleep, shut everything off. Put yourself into silence. Reach alpha state and think.

11. regular masturbation helps

12. lol you couldn't be more spot on with that one

pissed at your gf/wife? beat your meat instead of her and you'll be feeling lots of good chems rushing into your skull

try cracking your neck/back right after a good wank it'll have you all hyper like you've swallowed a few adderalls

13. I gotta try this next time. Haha, thanks for the tip, +rep.