guidance needed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newbeee, Apr 21, 2003.

1. does anyone have any more tips or little tricks that will help me along the way i read the manual and it doesnt really help me

2. a simple question...

What is the OPTIMAL temp and humidity for a grow room?

I want to know what the best conditions are for cannabis... Im currently at 83 F and 38% Humidity....

is this good for now... the plant is on its fourth day after sprouting up... I will soon start posting pictures, to have more input on how healthy or not it is...

thanks for the input...

Pitt

3. 70 Deg Farenheit
    60 % Relative humidity

Real world for me
    70-90 Deg Farenheit
    40% Relative humidity

Good luck

4. Dammmm... 60% humidity... huh?

that's virtually impossible for me... I live in one of the dryest places in Cali... Mojave desert...

any recommendation on how to keep the humidity up in a closet?

The hps is about 18" from the top of the plant...
    (2) compact flours. are on each side about 2" away...
    (1) flours. spiral bulb, is hanging and pointing directly at it from an angle, at approx. 3" away from the side.

I can lower the temp if I leave the door open...
    but its a constant 83.... this should hopefully work out ok..
    im not tripping...

but i had no idea about the 60% humidity for optimal ambiance...

5. right now i have a sealed box but the top is open like half way for the fan it stays at around 78-83 degrees i use 14/8 as my lighting cycle and i use a spray bottle to mist them i was woundering if i doing this whole thing right before i get all worked up and they wind up dieing on me i will be really pissed.

6. I'm going to take out the plants. I'm too paranoid. If i get into trouble everything that I have worked for is gone. However I will take a picture before I halt everything. I'm sad ..but hwat can I do ? I am very very sad..... they were my babies .......Honestly I am sad..... Wait for the pics

Peace ! ( with a heavy heart )

7. Pitt I wouldnt sweat it, until you and I have a nice big sealed room where we can control Temp, Humidity, Co2 , Ozone, PH
    Water temp, and so on I wouldnt worry to much, You can get humidifiers and dehumidifiers at any Sears Wal Mart or probably Home Depot.

Real world Im going to guess is between 30-80%
    Ill check mine tommorow and let you know

8. Newbee sounds like the right thing to do, If your not in a place where you cant easily grow it dont. Its not worth it. I know its hard but it will be much better if you can devote a little time space and privacy to it.

9. ontherun420, Im glad to answer you but i get your same questions on my PM boards, choose one format and I can respond easier. Before I can start helping you I need to know more about what you got.

Lights
    soil
    indoor/outdoor
    dimensions
    square footage
    genetics (seeds)
    ventilation
    number of plants
    amount of time since plants have sprouted
    container size

That will be a good place to start

10. on the run ....what light schedule do you have them on as 14/8 doesn't add up to 24 hours..........Peace out......Sid

11. Hey niikidog.... I think youre bro... real life and what it is now is probably somewhere between 30 and 80% humidity...
    Thats what mine has been at... around 30 to 40....
    it probably wont change either... and like you said, until I can control everything there is no way....

it was worth askngth question though...

Late

Pitt

PS: sorry to hear about the reovalof the plant newbee i feel for you bro

12. whoops... I totally mispelled eveything on that last post here goes again...

Hey niikidog.... I think youre right bro... real life and what it is now is probably somewhere between 30 and 80% humidity...
    Thats what mine has been at... around 30 to 40....
    it probably wont change either... and like you said, until I can control everything there is no way....

it was worth asking the question though...

Late

Pitt

PS: sorry to hear about the removal of the plant newbee i feel for you bro

13. HEY GUYS...

I have a big question to ask!!!

I got a notice today that they will cut power for apporx. 1 hour...
    my plant is 4 days old, will an hour of no light shock it?

its under 24/7 since day 1...

please help guys... need some serious advice so I dont kill my plant....

thanxx...

Pitt

14. Well good news on both fronts (I think)
    I checked my humidity for 24hours and it was 40%
    and I live where it rains so your not doing to bad. Ive never had a problem with it before

As far as the light thing its like a cloud passing over the sun a couple of hours here and there wont hurt them at all.

15. Right ON....

that leaves me with a clear mind... I thought maybe i would shock the plant or something...

my plant is @ 5 days and growing pretty damm fast...

thanks for your help once again Nikdog...

Late

Pitt

16. i have a sodium gro bulb
    medium pottins soil
    indoors
    my enclosure is 34 inches tall 34 long and 15 wide
    i dont know if the seeds are male of female they were seeds i got out of bags i got
    right now i have no ventilations i have to get paid to buy the shit i need
    i have 6 plants
    they are about 3 weeks since they srpouted
    it is about 8 square ft i think that is just a guess i made it all my self
    my lighting cycle is 14/10

17. increase the lighting to at least 18/6......Peace out......Sid

18. Ok you have about 4.5 sq feet but I dont think your going to get 6-plants in 4.5sq feet. Have you read the grow guides yet? Your light cycle needs to be either 18/6 or 24/0 ok, I think when there ready to be planted in containers your going to have to thin it out if you go with the smallest 1 gal container they are 8" across, the most your going to get in there is 1-2 containers remember these will get bushy. You need to at least moniter the temp in the box and provide some sort of ventilation if your using an HPS in that small of an area it NEEDS to be ventilated. Your plants will also need to be kept small I would train the tops down or top it when ready

Also whats the wattage of your light fixture?

19. the box is bigger than you think but they are not going to stay in that i have someone else moving in w/ me and he is starting plants too so then i will have a real setup i am just doing this for about a nother 2-3 week maybe a little longer. thanks for the help i will keep you posted

20. Hello .... Its me again. I am not sure whether I am going to remove the plants after giving it a little bit of thought. Is there anyway someone could track someone through the IP when someone posts or connects to this website ?