Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guessing weight/Not getting skimped

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cyanide444, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Alright so I'm going to buy anywhere from $45-50 worth of bud (about 4 grams, a little more than an eighth). I own a scale, but I do not carry it around with me nor will I do so to get these nugs. Are there any tips to knowing that someone's skimping you or ripping you off? I weigh everything once I get home, but I'd rather not wait that long to find out I got ripped off.

2. Make sure their condensed nice pieces if it doesn't look like enough. It comes with experience, but if you have a scale you should know about the amount your looking for. Use your judgement and bring a friend to reassure that it looks like the right amount. Enjoy

3. It's really simple.
    First, go to wherever y'all are meeting.
    Then, look at the bag of weed.
    Finally, you know if you got ripped off or not.

4. It all depends, weed can be very dense or loose. Since you have a scale I'm sure you prolly know how much it generally is, just use careful judgement. It's one of those things you learn over time.

5. why not take it with you? thats not a high enough amount for a dealing charge

6. #6 dkong911, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    It's really just experience, the density can vary dramatically. A general yet not always accurate guideline: the average 8th with small/medium size nugs will make a neat row along the bottom of the standard size ziploc bag.

I've almost never been shorted by people who know I have a scale and that I weigh it every time when I get home. If you make it clear you will be an easy, regular customer then it's not even in their best interest to rip you off, they'll make more money in the long run by weighing it on point. If you buy from people who aren't sketch or stupid they will know this and you will get a full sack almost all the time.

And if anyone does short you don't bitch them out just tell them it was short, and if they don't fix it and apologize just never buy from them again and tell people they're a con.

7. #7 s7exiled, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    There's no way to tell. The best thing to do is get a scale.

Or if you don't want too, make a simple balance scale. Just google it, using a ruler and a straight pen, make 2 slits at both ends of the ruler (or anything similar) at equal distances from the sides and hang 1 party cup from each end using the same length of string.

Then use coins, like a Canadian penny is exactly: 2000–present * - 2.35 g, coins are also good to calibrate your scale.

8. lol did you even read OPs post? he has a scale, but just doesnt like to take it with him (for whatever reason?).

but OP the only way is to use a scale, or to buy from a dealer you actually trust. my dealer has never skimped me, i weigh it out when i get home anyway. generally he give me like .4-.5 over. one time i paid for an ounce and he gave me 32 grams

9. Apparently not lol

10. It's tough to pinpoint weight unless you've been smoking for a while, because weed comes in different varieties (dense or fluffy)

From my experience, it takes either 5 little nuglets or 3-4 decent sized nugs = 1 gram.

an 1/8 (3.5 grams) should fill the bottom of a sandwich bag or almost completely fill a regular cigarette cellophane.