Guess wht the goverment is saying now!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by smokin_orc, May 13, 2008.

1. i find it funny that on the same page there is an ad for botox!!!! GO PHARMECUTICALS!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Great posting Jesten.

3. thanks. yeah i recommend this video to anyone. Its a very very good informative vid.

4. Wait so its not okay to smoke weed to help deal with depression? but it is okay for us to take perscrirbed anti-depressents and loads of other medications tht are proven to be habit forming and are generally more harmful to the body then weed?

Damn if the government was smart they would regulate marijuana like they do with alcohol or cigarettes. They would make so much money.

5. Thats messed up.

6. Wow that post describes how I feel.
    Well anyways as much as some may hate this argument it still is pretty valid-

Take 50 people who have never done drugs, or maybe tried some once or twice, and take 50 people who do drugs recreationally even if its only marijuana. Chances are the 50 drug users are going to have more depressed persons because thats just their life style. Or call me crazy, but maybe, just maybe these people were Already depressed, thats why they did drugs!

It's ridiculous to try to claim marijuana leads to depression, and even if it did the truth is all anti-deprressents do is make things worse because they dont solve anything, but the name misleads you into thinking you will, and now thinking that the meds that make depression "evaporate", have no effect whatsoever on the ACTUAL issues in your life (they just numb your emotions about them), you become more depressed.

So how about the goverment opens their eyes and realizes the real problem?

7. the government knows about all of this. They know about all of the effects but they dont care
    you know why?
    MONEY
    what it all comes down to is, drug companies pay off the government to keep this shit going. This modern government is corrupt and full of greedy sons of bitches who only care for themselves. Pay me more and give them less, thats what they're about.

Just move to Cali and get your medical card :D

8. Everyone that's said anti depressants don't work, they do. e.g Prozac, what it does is stops the pump in your brain that drains loose seretonin. Seretonin is what makes you euphoric, and there is a definite link between very depressed people and lack of seretonin. So antidepressants do actually work. Obviously I'm not an expert on it but that's the science behind it; the thing is, antidepressants work for seriously depressed people with low seretonin levels, but it's mostly pointless to use them for less seriously depressed people.
    Thats my understanding of it anyway

9. Well the mechanism is there, and at least that's why it is a very very bad idea to stop using antidepressants at once... since the brain's regulatory pathways will just result in lower production of seratonin, then when you stop you have ultra-low seratonin... much like a "low" after a high.

10. thats opened my mind great stuff

11. "This very week the British government's official scientific advisers on illegal drugs issued a report saying they are 'unconvinced that there is a causal relationship between the use of cannabis and any affective disorder,' such as depression, he said.

reading this was awsome. i like how the british government is more understanding and actually looking at the true affects.

i think the reason if any that marijuana causes any mental illness is that when you smoke you actually start to think for yourself and question what everyone has told you. look what drugs did in the 60 and 70s. that generation knew what was up and made there own decisions. the truth is that people now dont think for themselves. how much info we are given every day makes people think that they have their own ideas but the truly dont.

a quote from a book titled "Brave new world" (not exact) goes something like this. in the furture the more someone fits into society and survives the more truly brainwashed they actually are. this is because not everyone thinks the same and if you are truly thinking for yourself you will have different opinions than everyone around you. even your closest friends and family. we are all so brainwashed that we only have 2 political parties... how free is that?
    <SCRIPT>document.write('<iframe style="float:right;margin-left:5px" src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/news.earthlink.dart/news_300x250_bottom;sz=300x250;ptile=5;ord='+rand+'?" width="300" height="250" frameborder="no" border="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no">[​IMG]</iframe>');</SCRIPT>

12. i might have read that quote wrong i gues. maybe they are saying that its more than casual. i dont know

13. I've stopped caring what the US gov does about marijuana. They're untrustworthy liars, incompetants, evil traitorous bastards, and won't be convinced anything unless you can top the pharmaceutical stipends going into the feds hands every day.

Their days are numbered, and I'm just going to leave the mainland when I finally get sick of their crap.

14. Their days are numbered, and I'm just going to leave the mainland when I finally get sick of their crap.[/quote]

i feel the same way. canada is looking better and better every day.

15. 1 things for sure i have never seen some 1 smoke weed then go hurt any 1 or any thing but give that person a micking and all thay want to do is go beat the shit out of some1
    which would u rather have made leagal?

16. "A teen who has been depressed at some point in the past year is more than twice as likely to have used marijuana as teens who have not reported being depressed"

I lke how they word it to make it seem convinceing.....think about it a teen that is depressed is twice as likely to have smoked weed...how many teens to u kno that DONT smoke weed? alot more do then dont, but that doesnt mean a guy who smokes weed is twice as likely to be depressed but thats the way they portray it

17. does this chart straighten things up a bit for everyone? :smoke:

[​IMG]