Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Guess what I found in my plant's pot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PeruvianDank, Nov 5, 2011.

1. A BURIED FISH! hahaha that's right a FISH!

Turns out, when my plants were too big for their pot, my dad transplanted the plants to a bigger pot and he added a fish in the soil so my plants can grow bigger and stronger he said. Two weeks later (today) I dug in my plant's pot and I found a reeking rotting fish lol My dad once heard that the Sioux native Americans would bury a fish under the maize they grew and it worked like a natural fertilizer, helping the maize grow faster and healthier.

2. I thought you were going to say you found a pot plant in your plant pot.

3. It's true.

Look at where the salmon die after breeding, the land around that area is thriving out of control.

4. Tell him next time buy you some liquid fish lol

5. yeah dude thats true. lots of indians did that, and they knew their shit

6. Yeah it does work as natural nutrients for the plant. Dead animals in the woods decompose and the decomposers turn them into fertile soil and such. Natural cycle of life.

7. That fish is getting high as fuck in heaven as a return or something. Keep it in there.

8. Not a bad idea

9. What an irrelevant and horribly placed thread.

10. What a ding-a-ling ^^^^

11. Lmao ddog7x is like the Nazi of the forums :D

12. So, if I bury my ex's vag under a plant my plants will grow better?

Jokes aside, this may help my garden next year lol.

13. wait, so did it work?

14. Just be sure you try tricks like this outside to begin with, particularly if you're new to the hobby... burying untreated rotting fish or animal flesh in an indoor pot is not always a good idea, without 'mother nature' doing the damage control she is normally capable of outdoors (ie. inside, we usually don't have quite the arsenal of beneficial bacteria/fungi, that is available outside... this is especially important when too much fish is inadvertently used, it begins to spoil or host unwanted pathogens which can overwhelm the medium, before the plants root system has a chance to take off). I keep and breed a few fish, whenever one passes on, I'll bury it outside in a garden bed. :)

If you really want to go in that direction indoors, find a good natural fish emulsion and use it sparingly to start with... it's been pureed and processed in such a way, that your plants and the existing bacteria can more readily access and process its nutrients. Some is deodorized, although a few gardeners swear by the stinky stuff. :p

15. I'm growing outdoors but thanks for those tips anyways :)

16. I did the same thing with Swedish fish once...didn't work so well.