Guess the deficiency!

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by SuperSaneStrain, May 6, 2017.

1. This here's a rare one to me. I can't seem to find much info about it. There are little tiny black dots idk if you can see or not. The leaves closest to the fans are effected the most. They aren't getting hit hard or anything, just swaying. This has been going on for some weeks now, not really getting any worse or better. 3rd week in flower. [​IMG][​IMG]

Re-Start Grow #1

2. Im no expert but it does look like thrips/ spidermite damage...something looks to be sucking the juice from the bottom of the leaf. Check the undersides with a magnyfying glass.If you see anything moving around its probably one of the above...\sm-90 is good as is neem oil but never treat the actual buds. the leaf itself looks to be fed correctly...my guess is bugs.

3. I agree. I think it's spider mites. If it is, know up front they are pretty danged hard to get rid of. They seem to really like heat and humidity, so you'll definitely help yourself environmentally to get all the air moving around your plants possible to bring the humidity down. As far as treating them, I'll let you research that out. Most folks fight them on and on and on. I think it probably depends on how bad an infestation you have before you realize it as to how hard they are to fix. Most people use Neem, but be careful when you use it (if you go with it) because it's light sensitive. Spray your plants right before light's out. Luckily, I've never had them myself. But we've kept our grow areas like wind tunnels since the start. Moving air around in the indoor grow does lots of good things: Exercises your plants. Disperses heat. Lowers humidity. Allows you to keep your plant and light closer together because it's moving the heat around between the two. Lots of people have to just clean out everything, sterilize the whole op and start over. I had a pal in Hawaii and he fought them 12 months out of the year just because heat and humidity are the norm over there. Get ready for a battle and good luck. TWW

4. ph or critters is my intermediate skill level 2cents. lol 20170504_230030.jpg 3x4x6 2 tier scrog. 6 femmed bagseed. sativa dom.. 605w draw. platinumLED p300 - 2x 50w cree cxb3590s - a 3 knob tunable spec ledgle drawing ~315w

5. goal. over or at 1gpw

6. The black dots are immobile. They haven't moved in weeks. How long does it take for an infestation to ruin a crop?

Re-Start Grow #1

7. The underside of the leaves are fine too. I checked the leaf I picked last night(which is now wilted), and black dots are all there and in the same place

Re-Start Grow #1

8. depends on the environment. they triplicate over a few days in the heat.so knock down the temp. I've never heard of anyone completely ridding themselves of them but you can still harvest good weed. check into predators (phytosillus persimillus) otherwise it's a maintenance thing ..they hate cold water blasts at night with lights off doing this 2 or3 times straight can make them go dormant ..although temporary it's a weapon used. PhD ice water on the undersides. I'd look into need oil. good luck bro

9. depends on the environment. they triplicate over a few days in the heat.so knock down the temp. I've never heard of anyone completely ridding themselves of them but you can still harvest good weed. check into predators (phytosillus persimillus) otherwise it's a maintenance thing ..they hate cold water blasts at night with lights off doing this 2 or3 times straight can make them go dormant ..although temporary it's a weapon used. PhD ice water on the undersides. I'd look into neem oil. good luck bro

10. Calcium/manganese deficiency maybe?
    I'm not trying to ignore the infestation suggestions, just want to be sure before I go out and buy a $20 bottle of spray.

Re-Start Grow #1

11. to me that leaf looks fed correctly. the small blotches you see are most likely where the good juice was sucked out...sm-90 or neem oil and temps down with plenty of air moving good luck

12. I do have 2 clip desk fans going through my plants. The temps never go above 79. The led lights are as high as they can go. How should I decrease temps easily? I do have 50% humidity about, so I'll throw in the dehumidifier.
    Looking online I can rule out spider mites, but thrip look to be the culprit with that "shiny spit on plant" thing.

Re-Start Grow #1

13. thrips will do it like that...ac is the best way to lower temps. really common sense should be used...like removing heat sources ballasts pumps etc ..add more fan but not a hurricane... it'll be a maintenence thing till you finish. get some sticky traps too they'll give you confirmation after a day it is thrips cuz you'll see some stuck on there..good luck

14. Thanks.. Sounds like I'm gonna need all the luck I can get

Re-Start Grow #1

• Like Like x 1
  15. :love-mj2: