guess the band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Switch, Jul 25, 2002.

1. or Doug Hopkins from Gin Blossoms with the song "Hey jealousy" being about the L.A. Music scene??

2. wow this is a tough one..I thought sidious had it with gin blossoms..

3. allright..
    Shannon Moon.

4. I have NO clue!!!!

Is Sensimil right???????

If not, please, ZIA, more clues!!!!!!!!!!

5. ooooops..lol
    Shannon Hoon
    lead singer of Blind Melon.

6. oooooooook i got one...

-this band played three sold out shows raising $2,000 for the founding of NORML's "Legal Defense Fund."
    -played the first gig together on the 4th of July 1998; starting riots shortly thereafter on the streets of Long Beach
    -6 officail albums released
    -covered amazing works by peter tosh & grateful dead

7. If it hadn't been for the 1998 bit, i would have guessed the doors...6 albums and i think it was long beach where there were riota after he "alledgedly" whipped it out.....but i'm struggeling with this one....Peace out....Sid........give us another clue.....style of music??

8. -The band toured with their dogs and let them wander the stage when they played
    -Lead singer died of an OD in 1996

9. It's gotta be Bradley Nowell from Sublime he died of a herion od in 96.....What i got's a brilliant tune when you're baked.....Peace out....Sid

10. you got it sidious! Sublime style still straight from long Beach.

11. o.k here goes

1) They were formed in 1968 and there first US debut was in Denver, Colorado

2) The name of the band was allegedly coined by the late infamous Who drummer Keith Moon, even though John Entwistle is ademenet that it was him that came up with it

3)The group played they're first live gig in Copenhagen, at the start of a 10-day Scandinavian tour.

4)The drummers home didn't have a telephone, and no fewer than 40 telegrams had to be dispatched before he could be summoned to begin work.

5) 34 years later and they still outsell allartists in Album sales in the US

Peace out......Sid

12. sounds like zepplin...

13. You got it switch....shit man the next time i'm gonna have to make it harder eh?.....Peace out....Sid

14. man i was so stoked i knew that one, way to go switch! your go :)

15. this is going to be a hard one to disguse- you should all get this...

Band was formed in 1965 in LA

The bands name was inspired by a poem called "The marrage of heaven and hell".

That's all the clues you are getting and should be sufficient...

16. is it the doors?

17. too easy eh? Your go...

18. O.K. this is gonna be a tough one....

1)Born in Suffolk England in 1974

2)His music has been described as "Mind blowing stuff" by Q magazine, and "An Angel singing the Devil's tunes" by the Evening Standard

3)Singer Songwriter nominated for a Mercury music award only to be pipped at the post by PJ Harvey.

4)One of songs appeared on an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

5)Has only released one self named album in 2000, and is releasing an eagerly awaited second this year.

6)His parents are Vicars.

7)I seen him play King Tuts Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow(The venue where Oasis were first signed) last year in an amazing performance.....well good luck.....Peace out.....Sid

19. Does anyone have any clues? I am lost!!!

20. tough one, indeed switch!

yeah im stumped..im gonna keep the wheels grinding tho.