guess the band

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Switch, Jul 25, 2002.

1. whoooooooa..lol wow i was off maybe by 2 yrs!! ouch..i checked out cdnow; they have the release in 94. Buuuut...

Switch you still know your stuff from the other clues at least! ;) gooood guess. you are correct! rusted root it is..

2. your go, switch!

3. C'mon Switch!!!! Let's getting it going on!!!!!

Where the hell is that switch? I'd hit it and get things going if only I could find it.

Yes, people, patience is no virtue of mine.

4. Gimmie a second.

Switchy boy is thinking....

ok I got one

The name was thaught of when the drunken band were trying to think of a name. One member got up and said "that's enough" say it while drunk- BIG CLUE...

As old as switch...

Never appear on album covers- cos they're ugly

Influenced by:
    "Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Slade, The Clash, Husker Du, The Skatalites , The Sex Pistols, Bad Brains, Afrika Bambatta and the Soul Sonic Force, Janes Addiction, Scream, GBH, Discharge, Small Faces, The Jam, Bootsy Collins, The Prisoners, No Means No, Victims Family, MDC, The Addicts, The Police Thin Lizzy, The Ruts, Minor Threat, The Stranglers, Killing Joke, The Damned, The Buzzcocks, AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Slayer, Metallica, Motown and Northern Soul, Jimmy Cliff, Leatherface, The Duvals, The Who, Motorhead, Wat Tyler, Jimi Hendrix, Public Enemy, Suicidal Tendencies, The Drummers of Burundi, Earth Wind and Fire, Moving Targets, Fugazi, The Chords, Dexy's Midnight Runners, The Purple Hearts, The Specials, Madness, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Linton Kwesi Johnson"

Kept in a little silver box. In the victorian era...

5. maybe i am totally dense, but i haven't a clue, this one is HARD! good choice switch.... anyone have an idea??

6. any other takers... c'mon... If i find that RMJL or Sensimil are on the forum then they have four hours thereafter to give an answer... anyone else can do that too... start guessin...

7. i have no clue, now you got me wanting to listen to Twisted Sister, ya ever see strange land, its like one of my fav movies ever. Its my all time fav body art movie, i love body art. Hey my dad said he would take me in to get a Graffix tattoo, i can't wait its going to be sweet as fuck.

8. OK, Switchy Boy! I absolutely give. If you were twisting my arm, I'd scream UNCLE, so please...either give more clues or give it up.

What does he get if we totally give and he has to give it to us?

9. erm I don't get another go- but I do decide who goes next.

Give up...

Ok one last clue.

One name of one song.

Don't fear the reaper.

and one last thing

one of the first english bands to get on Fat wreck chords...

C'mon you've gotta get this.

And no not all my bands of choice are going to come from fat wreck- honnest....

10. It has to be Blue Oyster Cult then. Am I right? But I don't get the "that's enough" thing if it is.

11. I'm wrong, I do believe.. So, keep on trying peeps!

12. Ok, I enlisted help so I know who it is but I'm not going to answer it since I had help from him...so good luck, guys. It's a hard one!

13. man the label is familiar, NOFX is on it, so i know it's a punk band, right??? why must you make this so hard on us?!?!?!
    ;)
    xo~

p.s. edit i thought it was NOFX coz the label but the rest of it doesn't add up

14. It is Blue Oyster Cult right? "Don't Fear The Reaper" was them.

15. shit must be a cover or something... I dunno... I'm not really into em...

Ok you got one hour to answer...

16. Drumroll please...

Snuff

17. I was still wrong. So, who's turn is it???? Let's get it going!!!!

I really like this game, Switch!

18. right... first one to post gets this one....

19. I only just registered about 10 minutes ago, but i read most of this little game. i must say i don't have a fucking clue what band ZIAs talking about, but i guessed the snuff questionb right straight away (Saw em live twice, good band).

20. Is it Chris Acland of Lush?