**Guerrilla in My Closet** - LED Grow Opp™<

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TG42, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Gonna see if I can listen to one in operation as I know there's a guy selling not too far from me. From what people say it's quiet enough. My one you can hear straight away.

2. yeah this light is pretty quiet.
    lol
    and a lot bigger than i thought it was.
    i have it diagonal in the box, because it was to long to fit side to side. but i think it covers more area fit in the way i have it.

i like my wood box more than a tent i think, because it holds more sound.
    and it has some screw holds in the back(well the "bottom" for the wheels) ill use for a rack to hang my light from..

3. id just go thru the advancedled website, so u get all the perks.
    and know that your not paying more for some eshine light thinking its an advanced..
    unless your wanting the eshine light. lol

4. That's good to know:)

Was measuring up space for grow tent and I've only got 120cm h 40cm w and 40cm d and the light's 46cm wide so I think diagonal's gonna be the way to go for me as well.

May have to make a wood box as you're right, it does hold sound better but I'm kinda lazy at diy and I prefer to make things out of tv box cardboard as I can just use a craft knife, scissors and duct tape!
    I guess I could cover it in rockwool for acoustics and secure the light with bamboo sticks, haha!

Found a uk supplier called Elite Grow Pro selling DS100 who just slapped their name on it calling it Pro100, 3years warranty, return if not happy and pleasant to deal with.
    I know there's been a bit of a shit storm over Advanced and Eshine on these forums:smoke:but I guess if the light you end up with does the job and you're happy with it then it's all good, ain't it?:D

Noticed a lot of people gettin their knickers in a twist over all this and kinda makes me laugh, we're herb people at the end of the day and bit of peace n love is what the doctor orders.
    Damn I'm a hippy... but a kung fu pimp hippy;)

5. I guess if its the right light wavelength than it should be fine.

Yea I dont have the tools to customize my box really so I just leave the door off and that solves my air flow problem.
    When I can figure out how to cut two holes in the wood. I will then do inside venting and shit.
    But this works for now.

6. #86 TG42, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    ForumRunner_20120825_025214.png

ForumRunner_20120825_025114.png

ForumRunner_20120825_025036.png

ForumRunner_20120825_025005.png

ForumRunner_20120825_024941.png

ForumRunner_20120825_024838.png

Todays peek in the box

Attached Files:

7. Alright Tommy,

Any signs of leaf fading/bleaching ?

How far is the lamp from the girl now and are you going to lower it as flowering has now been established...

I need coffee :(
    Ive woken up and feel fuzzy lol

8. nope no fade or bleaching signs that i see..
    the light is maybe 12"-16" over the top of the plant.
    should it be lower?

i heard that closer is not always better with led?
    the light has to mix a little or something like that.. idk lol
    im just going with the flow..

what do yall think?

9. will she get taller?
    or is this about all i should expect?

if so..
    i need to make her get fat... lol

10. Subbed. Really interested in how the led performs, so far its looking great. You can expect your plant to double or even triple in height. What are the temps under the light? I hear LED are extremely cool, which is the main reason I am interested in them.

11. She should get taller, depending on the strain they can easily double in height. My purple kush didn't grow much, but I think that's one the traits from the strain.

12. thats what we got LST for....DUH :D :smoking:

13. LoL^^

And my temps stay around 75 when lights off. And 79 when running. 81 is Max I see now.

Its in my closet with the door closed
    And the only venting I have is that little blue fan. Lol

And when it gets to 81* that's when I just get home and its been running with the door closed.

It is a Very cool running system. My one 125w cfl would push my temps higher.

14. Today's peek

Attached Files:

15. She wont get much bigger if any height at all....

She will swell tho and thats all good...

My leds are about 18" away but once im into flowering Im going to lower 1 and see what happens... if it goes well with no bleaching I`ll lower both...

Looking real good Tommy ;)

16. it dose not look as if it blends well when i have my plant closer to the light..
    dose that matter?
    its blothcy colors on the plant and not the light purple color like normal..
    is it better to have it only a few inches away or dose the light have to blend?

what do yall think?

17. Keep it at a distance mate so the spectrum mixes.

If its brought too close you`ll suffer from bleaching, and it will get a little taller ignore my last post I thought you were further into flowering but your not lol...

18. I think you should keep doing what you are doing. Sure you might do better doing this or that but you could also make it worse and why ruin a good thing? Just my opinion.

19. Flowering day 19/20?
    will load up some pix when the lights cut on at 2:05am
    so expect the update soon after that!
    maybe some good action has gone on in there! lol

stay tuned

20. Ok here she is!
    Looking good to me!
    No major change in smell so far..
    Still kinda skunk/veg.

Attached Files: