Guerrilla Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nyte, Jun 6, 2005.

1. :D I need input from all you experienced growers out there. I am gonna go camping in a couple of weeks. I wanna plant about 4 or 5 fems and keep them watered until harvest time in the fall. I wanna set up some sort of drip system with rubber hosing from a home improvment store using the water from a nearby stream. i am only gonna be able to check on the crop 2 or 3 times before harvest so I need to try and make sure they stay watered until then.

2. man watering shouldnt be a problem if its outdoors.

3. Even if the main source of water is a stream 200ft away? I don't want the plants to lack water as the summer months drag on.

4. Does it rain regularly where you're planting? If so, don't worry about it... Unless ya'll are in a drought or something. Look at the surrounding vegetation. Does it appear healthy? If so, chances are you've found a primo spot and watering shouldn't be too much of a problem.

5. I live in California and we have been in a drought lately but this year we passed our usual average for rain fall by about 120% and the snow pack is pretty bis this year. What about food for my plants when it comes time for them to start flowering?

6. I'm not an expert grower, but since you're growing outdoors, you might want to check into some of those time-release foods... I know they're not recommended for indoor grows, but I think they might do the trick for the outdoors...

Maybe some of our more experienced growers could help you out in that department.

Also, I'm not too familiar with California's climate... But I did live in SoCal for about a year. Are you in SoCal or further north? If in SoCal, I'd definately recommend setting up a drip system. If you're more north and don't have to worry about the rain as much, you could be alright. Also... Do you have a lot of wild-fires in your particular part? It would suck to lose your crop to a fire.

I found a spot out in some woods a while back. I don't know much about the soil and all, but some conclusions could be made just by checking the surroundings. First thing I noticed was that everything was really green, and grew really big. I also noticed that this usually happens quite rapidly once spring is definately here. The soil was semi-dark, but due to the abundant folliage, I could determine that it was fertile and good to grow in. Also, when I was digging I came across a lot of earthworms. This was definately a good sign.

You should check the area your growing in... How's the other vegetation doing? Is it really green? Do things appear to grow to large sizes? Does the soil retain moisture well? All these can help you determine how much you'd wanna fertilize, if at all. And how much trouble you'd want to go through setting up a drip system to keep them watered. Be aware of your surroundings :)

EDIT: Sorry if this isn't much of a help. MJ is a very resiliant plant, and can survive in most climates. Chances are yours will do just fine so long as there isn't too long of a dry spell, and they get enough light.

7. That's actually a whole lot of help. I appreciate the time you took to give me advice. This is not my first grow. I grew a couple of train wreck/afghan hybrids in my closet last year. One grew out to perfection. the other one didn't make it. I have a couple of Salmon Creek seeds, and a whole lot of Ak47 seeds. I'm still trying to decide which ones I wanna grow. I'm not greedy, 3 or 4 plants this year will make me happy.

8. A whole lot? I know of some people who wouldn't mind taking a few of 'em off your hands if you were ever feelin' generous :)

9. I'll think about it :D Do think the plants would be ok if I left them alone for almost the entire grow. I am only gonna be able to check on them once between the time I start the grow and the time I harvest.

10. If you have a spot where the other vegetation typically does well, and you're not worried about a draught, then I'd say you should be alright. They might get eaten or stolen without you being there to check on them, but that's a risk you take regardless if you're growing outdoors. Put down some time release ferts when they get a good size so you don't gotta worry about 'em getting enough nutes.

If after you're done thinking about it, you decide that you wanna get rid of a few of 'em, PM me. I'd be glad to take a few. I'm not greedy - a few would be sufficient :) If I had anything to trade, I'd gladly do it - but alas... I'm a bum and don't have access to good seeds like that.

11. Any suggestions on time release ferts? A certain brand or type I should buy?

12. I bought shultz... Picked it up from wal-mart. Just make sure you don't use too much though. Don't wanna burn your plants.