guerilla guide?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by n3wb13, Jun 1, 2009.

1. i dont know the ph, it doesnt say. i will get a pic up tonight, also i am seeing the little tap roots on them all already and got some more evian out. what you mean add air also?
    and when im using the propagator should i just put the soil in little cups so i dont waste any and should i add perlite in the propagator, thanks

2. No offense man we all like to help but since you have to keep asking questions about the most basic stuff may I highly recommend to READ what is there already within he stickies.

Many of us put a LOT OF EFFORT in to writing those stickies and it is kinda frustrating seeing someone/anyone asking the most basic questions that have been covered over and over....and over.

:)

3. sorry, i have read the stickies however ofen doubt my self and ask for re-enforcement. id hate doing something wrong seeing as i only have one chance at this.

4. Man don't overthink it.

It's about a plant and not about science.

Think nature:
    The seed goes in to soil and stays moist 'till it sprouts. MJ is an above water plant so don't drown it by over watering.

That's all it basically boils down to.

5. I odn't know what a propagator is.

Put seeds in the water.
    After they crack and show a white stem (after 24-36 hours) place them in your soil mix.

By air I mean perlite or lava rock (1/3)to "air out the soil". If your soil already has peat in it maybe 1/4 perlite or lava chips is enough as peat airs out soil as well as holds water.

Call the number on the bag and ask for the pH. If it's mostly peat, then it's acidic and risky for your plants.

Just perlite/lava and any good looking outdoor soil where weeds grow (grass) will work if you're afraid.

Also add some castings (1/4) for food in 1st month.

Mix all well and plant. Very simple but check that pH to know what's up and iff you should add some dolomite lime or crushed eggshells to raise the ph lowered by the acidic peat. OK?

6. so can anyone answer these questions then?
    i really do appreciate the help

7. heres my pics of the soil and seeds
    lowryders
    [​IMG]

white skunk
    [​IMG]

Soil
    [​IMG]

ok so i see the tap roots, i got a little propagator, how much perlite and vermiculite should i add to the soil? and can i leave it outside in the sun to heat up?
    thanks for the help!

8. That soil looks good as the peat is countered by lime. Just use that and 1/4 castings, 1/4 perlite about. The peat airs outs the soil too so you don't need 1/3 perlite.

9. #49 n3wb13, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    what about vermiculite? i got a 1 hour bus to buy it yesterday haha, thanks!
    and do you mean 1/4 by weight?
    also can i have a link to castings so i know what im buying at the shop(and is it really nessecary to get right now as im busy all today, could i add it tomorrow?)

10. 1/4 is a proportion. You don't need a lot of vermiculite or any as peat holds water too.
    I don't have a link to castings but you can ask for "worm castings" and they should have it normally.
    You could also just mix 3/4 of your soil + 1/4 perlite and it'll work fine (no castings and vermic aren't necessary).

You should have it all mixed before and let it be once it's planted.

11. cheers just whent to garden centre and they had no worm castings, so shall i just mix some perlite with the soil and plant the seeds?
    whats the best method of putting them in the soil without damaging them?

12. Yeah just that soil abnd the perlite is fine. The soil already has enough food for the seedlings.

Take the cracked seed gently (but no worries man) and place it in a moist cup 1/4 " deep and cover with light soil. White sprout downward if possible. Soil under the seed should also be airy (not compact).

Then let ir sprout alone (2-3 days) and wait for it to grow. Add more soil around stem once it's grown (so don't fill cup to tim when planting (3/4 soil is good).

13. ok so i put cups in the propagator or do i put soil straight into the propagator

14. idk what's a propagator.

15. OP put your mix in a pot and plant one seed, pointy end down, in each pot about 1/4" deep.

The bigger the pot the better/bigger/stronger the plant will grow.

Do it now, don't let those seeds sit under water any longer.

16. ok the seeds are in the propagator in some soil, shall i give them sunlight today?

17. gave them sunlight yesterday. just wondering how humid do i want the propagator to be? i have a vent should i have it open or closed

18. Give them light once they stick out their head and keep moist, not wet.

19. giving them light daily now, water them twice a day, all 4 seeds have 2 leaves and 2 smaller ones although one white skunk seed has a messed up leaf with a brown lip (looks like soil got caught in it or something)

20. I suggest watering them with a CLEAN chemical free spray bottle for the first two weeks. By chemical free i mean that dont take a formula 409 bottle and add water in it and go water your plants. Using the spray bottle adds alittle bit of water and wont risk washing your plant out of place ( which is easily done when your plant only has its first main root.)