Guerilla grow tips and discussion

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by moldresistantstrains, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Hey guys I'm Jay. Been guerilla growin on the Big Island of Hawaii for over 10 years, and my uncle for over 25. Want this to be a place where we can share some tips, experience and stories. Aloha!

For todays post......

Tips from my Hawaiian uncle - if you are growing in an area dense with weeds or competing grass, dig your hole out first. Then line the hole with cheap black plastic and poke a few holes in the bottom for water to drain out. Fill back in with soil and enjoy the benefits of the neighboring vegetation not being able to compete with your root space and steal your fertilizer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aloha

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aloha Blunt Lord.

[​IMG]

Here is some guerilla GDP x Hawaiian Sativa I grew the shit out of last year. The high was so strong it would make me forget what I was doing all the time.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Awesome I'm subbed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'm in. its coming up to planting out season in england, ive prepped 20 Blue Cheese clones for my first guerilla grow and i want to get as many to harvest as i can so need to know the tricks of the trade to be successful

• Like Like x 2
  6. Subbed up and for my tip: keep water in mind if possible plant near a stream or some other source of water. It saves you from having to carry water in and out and take the risk of suspicious eyes.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Also I've always heard walk a half mile and when you find the place you want to plant walk another half mile haha discretion is a must. Had too many rippers steal my crop

• Like Like x 2
  8. If you live in an area with some rainfall here's a great way to have water anywhere you need it -

Do the same thing I explained earlier, dig the hole and put the black plastic in, but don't fill it back up with dirt. Put some rocks on top of the plastic around the edges to hold her down. Now you have a rain catchment pool.

I then cut four sticks and stake them into the ground at the four corners of your perimeter. Now wrap a piece of scrap fencing or chicken wire around, and tie your sticks to the fence. This method keeps pigs from getting in and trashing it for us out here in Hawaii.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I use the same method with chicken wire but for rabbits and other little critters. I also wrap two pieces of steel cords around them about a foot apart and 5 or so feet away to keep deer and horses out. Sorta fence them in . I've found out the hard way our horses love them almost as much as I do

• Like Like x 2
  10. In my experience its always best to have the plants off to a good start before you put them out. I prefer clones to seeds for guerilla and here's why...

I get clones started under about 18 hours of light - they grow outside during the day and I bring them in before sunset and run em under lights. Then when they are to my desired height (usually about 2 feet) I plant them out in my various guerilla patches. Although, I keep one clone at my house from that batch - that will be my indicator plant. Instead of going out to the patches too often and making a trail or risk being seen, I have that clone to monitor the budding status of my plants out there. If I ever get the start of mold or bud rot on my clone I know it's time to go out.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Deff subbed lol I'll be gorilla growing for the 1st time outdoors this season...had a few indoor grows with decent success but no longer have the option growing inside right now...I'm starting them indoors under some cfls and a mars 300w led...I have my soil cooking on a tarp in the yard now :) but can't wait to hear some more tips and how other ppl have success gorilla growing! Hope everyone's having a great day/night depending where u live! I live I'm northeastern Pennsylvania :)

check out my grow journal :) 1st outdoor grow journal any suggestions/tips would be great!
    1st outdoor grow journal any suggestions/tips would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 stanky1234, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    I've heard of both ways with both having pros and cons...like planting in your hole with a trash bag with holes poked on the bottom of it then filling it in with your mix and planting...or just digging holes and filling with your mix and planting so the roots will have as much root space as they want...but there's postives and negatives I guess to each way :) I think I'm going to try both ways when I get my plants in there holes the end of may :)

check out my grow journal :) 1st outdoor grow journal any suggestions/tips would be great!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, we have done smaller projects like that (filling in with your own mix), but we usually just keep the mix making at home. We do a lot of guerilla growing, too much to possibly bring out that much soil mix.

Most soils can be amended to perform well. I do TLO (True Living Organics / the Rev) at home for my medical, which really intense soil building (somewhat similar what you have) and get great results....but sometimes you can get pretty damn good quality stuff in normal dirt with some basic soil amendments and fertilizing techniques.

I've done many side by side guerilla patches and projects, and used to be super anal about everything being organic. But then I became more of a real deal cash cropper.

IMO it isn't worth your money to spend too much cash or time on your guerilla patch if you're going big time. You gotta carry in all that shit anyways. I've pulled multi-pound patches of NYC Diesel using simply dolomite lime, blood meal, foxfarm happy frog and osmacote time-released fertilizer(not organic). Went out two or three times during the flowering to feed them liquid bud food and that was it, easy.

That being said, if you just want to put a few plants out there and not really go too hard, I'm sure the way you described would work great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was thinking about amending some of the soil that was in the area as well cause I bought 14 nore seeds lol but I was thinking of mixing my ammendments with the dirt at places I was going to grow and just adding my perlite or cocoa shell mulch for drainage/aeration since the dirt in my area is dense type clay ...think that'll work good?

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm a really big fan of perlite. Hawaii has heavy clay soil, and it works wonders for aeration. I use a lot of it it my big pot mixes for multi-pound plants.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice good to know! I been getting the cocoa shell mulch for aeration cause it smells soooo good and blends in really good...but yea my dirt in the area is very clay like and dense...and since I'm going to have 24 seeds (14 more then originally planed lol) I think I'm going to carry up a 5 gallon bucket for measuring a tarp in my hiking back pack and my ammendments and perlite or cocoa shell mulch and mix 1/3 native dirt 1/3 perlite or cocoa shell mulch aeration aeration 1/3 compost/ewc and my ammendments. ..it wonder if my native soil would be good enough without the composts? Lol compost bags are heavy haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. That seems like you'll be carrying an awful lot of compost if you are going to have a whole third of your growing soil be that. Especially for the 24 seeds you have. I wouldn't bring compost out to the bush if I had trees by my patch, you can already find it in the forest - look for a big leafy pile under some trees and scrape the black shit on the bottom up, put it in your hole. You'll get a bunch of nice mycho fungi from that too. (just make sure what you mix IN the soil is decomposed. any sticks or brush will take nitrogen from the soil to break down which means less nitrogen for your plant)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Subbed aleady some great tips in here also starting my first guerilla this year planning on 5 or 6 patches mabe 10 per patch gonna try pull pound plants at least he hehe here's to wishing anyways about to go dig some holes

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yea that's what I was thinking to that much compost would be sooo heavy to carry lol I'm already cooking 15 cf of soil and planning on digging about 2 cf holes and breaking up another 1 ft on the bottom of the holes and adding alittle cocoa shell mulch for alittle aeration in the broken up soil...but yea I have tons of trees all around my area where I'll be planting so I'll just look for leave piles and get the black dark stuff on the bottom of it picking out as much of the sticks as I can and add as much of that as I could to the dirt i dig outta the holes add my aeration and ammendments and put it back in the holes and let it cook for a few weeks....i hope I pick out the right stuff feom the leave piles lol but I'm deff doing to try this way...it'll be way less carrying stuff pretty far distances lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alright, will be exciting to see how it comes out!

• Like Like x 1