Guerilla Grow questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gibson01919, May 12, 2015.

1. Doing my second guerilla grow this year and I have a few questions.

I have three plants that just sprouted a few days ago (bagseed) and they're still in red solo cups filled to about an inch from the top of the solo cup. I have a dilemma because Im going to be gone for 3 weeks in just a few days and cant tend to the spot. So what I have been doing until I leave is I put a mini greenhouse on top of the 3 plants and water every time the soil becomes dry. Tomorrow I am going to dig holes and put fertile soil in the holes to about 2 feet down and transplant them into the ground;

-how far apart should each plant be from the other 2 plants?(worried about roots getting tangled)

-is a 2 foot hole deep enough for each hole?

Another concern is since I'll be gone for 3 weeks, I am worried about them not getting enough water and drying out, but since they're only gonna be a week old they are small and won't need as much water, atleast I theorize. I have chicken wire fences around them for protection. So some more questions I have are..

-will just a chicken wire fence about 2 feet tall be big enough to protect them? 

-are week old plants simply too young to be out on their own with just a fence protecting them? The spot gets decent sunlight but I have to trim it up so it receives more sunlight but since they're young and relatively not hardened up yet, I figure I will keep some shade so it gets relief from direct sun until they are alittle older. I don't think a lot of time in the shade will be a bad thing since they're so young.

-the surrounding vegetation seems to be doing pretty well so I think my plants will be able to survive with only rain water, but what do you think?

Thanks in advance for answers.

2. #2 NEFarmer, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    The only things I can recommend are, Please put a top on your cages otherwise it's like a feeding Bin for deer theyll stick their head right into that two foot tall cage and eat your babies right out of the middle.
    Also after you put them in there I personally would give them a good heavy water, they're not going to be happy about it but cross your fingers that it stays dry for 3 weeks Until you can return to check again.
    I wouldn't worry about staking them or anything else if they're not hard enough to be out there for 3 weeks while you're gone in the wind and the Sun and in the rain you don't want them to your garden.. At least I don't.

Also The hole size is up to you just remember, the bigger the roots the bigger the fruits.

And I would space them 6 + feet from each other

3. It sounds like you've got a lot of areas covered already, but I can help out with the rest since I've been there before...

Rather than overwatering upon transplant, lay down some organic matter (compost, EWC) on top to retain moisture.  On top of this lay down a few inches of mulch (barley straw, composted wood bark, anything organic without coloring agents added).  This will be the equivilant of a big watering without the stunting or lock out side effects.  You can even add water polymers but I wouldn't because I keep my mix organic.  

I'd allow for at least 4 ft in between plants, ideally 10' or 20' for aerial security.  Leo look for patches, not scattered plants.  3 plants together is like 1 massive tree by October, so up your chances of success and spread em out a little bit.  

Those cages will work just fine, if you put a top on them just make sure you're going to visit within a few weeks time to take it off.  I wouldn't even bother with it personally, that's just from my experiences though.  

2' deep hole is great!  Width is more of a factor with cannabis though, they say 18'' down and as wide as your back can handle lol.  I usually dig about 20'' down, and 3' wide.  The bigger the hole, the bigger the plant pretty much.  Doubling hole size increases yield by up to 44%!  It's worth it to go big in the category.  Trust me!

How much rain do you get annually?  Over here we get about 40'' so I only have to worry about watering during the mid summer.  I still mulch like crazy though, and it cuts down my watering trips greatly.  Mulching is so important outdoors.  

Young plants can handle the elements (for the most part), just be sure to ease them into the light slowly so they don't get bleached out and stressed over the unfiltered rays.  I might stake each hole and tie the seedlings off to them in case of high winds, just until they get a little stronger and thicker.  Hope this helps!  Best of luck this year...