GTA V and PC...

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by tflga, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Whats the deal with this release? It's pretty close to the date and they haven't said anything about it yet.

2. Like all the other GTA's since 3 - they will announce it a few months or so after the console release and we'll get it later. 

It will happen. We will just have to wait. Fucking sucks to be honest but that's the way rockstar has always done it with GTA (sad face)

3. I read something that said pc is getting it on launch day... I'll see if I can find a link.

Sent from my Samsung GS4 SCH-I545

4. http://www.vgreleases.com/pc/releasedate-243263.aspx

This page says it comes out on release day. I don't know how reliable it is, though.

Sign this petition for gta v on pc at release, it has over 320,000 signatures already.

5. yep it sucks we have to wait. ever since they went 3D in GTA3 they seem to be giving favourtism to the consoles

6. as long as i can remember they have waited about 6 months to drop the PC version

7. It doesn't affect me too much as I'm gonna be at school and won't have my PC with me. I would never play a game like GTA V on console, I feel like that'd just ruin it haha.

As long as it's out by Christmas break I'll be happy.

8. i had Vice City on PS2 and PC but i played it on ps2 way more often...only reason i like them on PC is for the crazy mods people come up with

9. It'll happen.  I think they'll wait till after they release GTAO in october. 

10. I had a look at the release dates for GTA V in work today and it wasn't even listed for PC, meaning there's no set date for us (or at least GS hasn't been made aware of a set release date)
    Could be different for yous, we're all in different parts of the world :)

11. Expect 3rd or 4th quarter 2014.

12. It's just a marketing tactic, to increase console sales.

13. #13 llllllllll, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013

Sales are sales. Whether they are on console or PC.
    I dont think rockstar benefits from how many consoles sony or microsoft sell

Unless microsoft or sony have cut a deal with them (remember the xbox "exclusive" content for gta IV?)  But I think a better reason for the PC delay is either to cut down on the piracy or just to simply polish up the rough edges.  Oh and GTA IV was released on PC 7 months after the console versions so I don't see this being any different.

its likely the piracy thing if i had to take a guess

16. Haven't played since San Andreas... got old.

17. pretty sure piracy's as much an issue on consoles as it is on PCs these days. it's usually a marketing deal with the console companies, xbox and playstation have big money companies behind them to bribe some exclusive deals while PC only has the customers money behind it

18. I expressed myself wrong lol, i meant that rockstar is selling more copies for the consoles since no information about pc game is known.
    people just want the game asap so they'll buy the console version.

19. Why are people stressing it? It WILL come out for PC I don't see why they wouldn't its pure profit on their part

Sent from my private jet using Grasscity forum