GTA 4

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Dizzy, Jun 18, 2019.

1. This maybe a unpopular opinion so I hope yall don't get mad at me. Anyways I think GTA 4 is better then the 5th one. Anyone else agree with me maybe? Its characters are better too just imo.

~Toni~

2. I think I might start a new game on this soon lbvs!!

~Toni~

3. I liked the story better in 4 but prefer the game design and mechanics of 5. GTA 5 online is in my opinion one of the best online multiplayer experiences to date. So I wouldn’t say I prefer one or the other, they are just both great for different reasons. I hope with 6 that they go back to a single story line instead of the three character thing in 5, and that they make online play a little less toxic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I agree. There's more debt in it compared to other gtas and it's fucking hilarious to run people over in slow motion

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. 4 was dope when it dropped, still get on it every so often to revisit. Somehow that city still feels so full and the soundtrack is crazy dope. If I had to choose between 4 and 5, prly 5 just because of all my online progress but 4 is a classic and has a great story.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Lol I don't ever play online for any games soooo really I just play them with my husband. On games like GTA 4 we just take turns on the missions tho.

~Toni~

7. Thank you guys for the replies to my thread tho :) :love:

~Toni~

8. Been doing mission trade offs with the homies since the GTA3 days lol. Love GTA

• Winner Winner x 1

9. Yaassss lol its cool af. Do you like San Andreas at all?

~Toni~

10. Yeah SA was pretty groundbreaking back in the day, and the scale was wild considering the hardware it was released on. I wonder how many hrs I sunk into that one, prly some ridiculous amount lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 4 was a step backwards from SA. Hated it for that. Story wasn't that bad though. I would honestly replay GTA 5 single player again before I would play 4.

I hope if they make a 6 that it's Vice City 2 pretty much lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. ill give my GTA rankings. like most people, i started playing since GTA 3. now obviously the newer games are more technologically advanced than GTA 3 or san andreas or vice city, but this list is just factoring in total enjoyment level at the time the game was released.

from worst to first id rank them like this:

GTA 3- this game was obviously groundbreaking, but the reason why its worst on my list is simply because the other games just blow it out of the water.

GTA 4- this was a great game, but for me there was just something about it that didnt live up to the best GTA games. maybe the story seemed to drag on too long, or it was too repetitive, or it had annoying characters. idk but it just wasnt my favorite. "NIKOOOO MY COUSINNNNNN" ugh lol.

Vice City- this game was fun. it was a complete departure from GTA 3 and it really showcased the potential of the GTA series as an outlandish, fun and diverse game. at the time this game was super enjoyable and fun.

San Andreas- this game just had all the elements to make a great GTA game. gang warfare, more character customization than any other GTA, crazy story. wide variety of missions and diverse map. this game was the beez kneez at the time it came out. i played this game for hours upon hours.

GTA 5- to me this game could be THE best game of all time, period. this game is just a masterpiece. from the graphics, the world, the driving, the cars, the soundtrack, the characters, the story, the diversity of the missions, the online mode. this game is the most well done and well realized GTA to date. as it should be, it has the advantage of the best technology being used to produce it. some people are thrown off by the use of multiple main characters, but if you actually give it a chance you will see how beautifully intertwined the story is between the 3 characters. its the best story in GTA to date IMO, and its the most fun and replayable GTA to date.

• Creative Creative x 1

13. Good points mon and thanks for the reply :) I don't want anyone to think I hate GTA 5 or anything because it was a cool game and Trevor was wild and crazy af too (made the game funny/enjoy). It just wasn't my favorite one because the switching characters always confuse me and that's about all. Everyones different tho so of course opinions will be different too. :confused_2:

~Toni~

14. lol its cool everyone has their own opinions :p

i personally dont find it confusing. you switch to a character and become him. its not that confusing lol. they all have different backgrounds and personalities and that makes it fun to play as them all in their own way.

and the way the story intertwines all 3 is nice. i really enjoyed it.

• Winner Winner x 1

15. You right tho maybe I just need to try another play through of GTA 5 again sometime.

~Toni~

16. you should :D its really not confusing at all. your characters go about their life in the game and when you switch to them you take control of them in the middle of whatever they are doing. then you control them from there. just like any other GTA lol

i think youre just psyching yourself out :p haha

it sounds a lot more confusing then it actually is.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

17. I thought it was cool how at the end of the game you have the option to take out your 4 main enemies of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor if you want. That was a lot of fun mission!

~Toni~

18. Yup. ^ or in the end of 4 with the guy who murdered your squad or something like that at the end? I always blast that fkr with a pump shotty lmao

• Winner Winner x 1

19. For GTA 4 tho I just couldn't wait to fill the Traitor Dimitri Rascalov or w/e full of bullets lbvs. He literally betrays everyone in the game that he forms alliance with!!! Dude is a snake on 2 legs.

~Toni~