GTA 4 with graphics mods (holy shit)

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX5, Aug 2, 2011.

1. prolly for PC though doubt they can make that on a console.

2. I said I could hardly see the difference. The lighting and textures are a lot more realistic but I don't find it as amazing as everyone else in this thread.

3. It's because that video is recorded and only playing on 480p.

4. You are not allow to mod games on consoles. If you do, you will get banned from the service.

This is obviously PC mod. In addition, there is no way that consoles will able to run on that settings. It requires high end computer to run it in today standards.

5. \

Ehhhh you can mod to an extent but i think xbox does scans to check for modded xboxs.

There are plenty of ways around that though.

6. #46 Oblivion420, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    They can only scan xboxs that are connected to xbox live. So unless your playing online they can't catch you.

7. #47 I'm Not Sober, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2011

It's called a re-skin. They go into the game files and find every single image, then photoshop them to their liking and re-inject them into the game. I've tried to do something similar with Halo PC. I didn't do a whole lot, but what I did do took a very long time. I can't imagine how much work went into this GTA re-skin. Looks fantastic.

My skin
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT4fA2aA1tc]‪Snowy Gulch Beta‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Original look of map
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4AsJUVeXg]‪HALO multiplayer pc ctf‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Rockstar took out the ability to fly planes in Liberty City because the location of the game is in New York. They didn't want people flying planes into buildings then putting the video on youtube as a 9/11 re-make. I'm sure they'd get sued for that.

8. good taste in music ^^^