Grunge

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Antacids, Jul 11, 2008.

1. As much of a fad and fasion that Grunge turned into in the 90's, I think that Grunge is exactly what music of today needs. A slap in the face of good rock n roll.

Disscuss music polictics of today.

2. Well, music sucks. How's that?

When it is 2008 and I am playing a Yardbirds album from 1967, it either tells me that I am a huge classic rock fan (which I am), but it also says that the music of today will never compare to the music of yesteryear. Even the music of the boy band era was better than the current shit out now. I cannot name anyone these days and I don't live in the dark.

3. I love grunge man. Nirvana(duh?), stone temple pilots, pearl jam...blah blah you know? They make good music.

I love grunge and classic rock myself.:smoking:

4. well, IMO "grunge" isn't realy a specific type of music, it was just a fashion and a scene...for example, i don't consider Soundgarden "grunge" music, i think they play hard rock music...pure and simple : ).

but yeah, music today blows ass...i mean theres always something decent coming out, but nothing big is good and nothing new is realy happening...at least not anything worth paying attention too.....i think the last good new album i bought was Electric Wizard's most recent...

5. Some "decent" music comes out now and then, you know, the type you can listen to on the radio while you drive to work... But I really haven't heard anything truly fantastic as of late, the kind that will make me go out, buy the album and listen to it in my living room... sucks, huh?

6. Well just think about it, Grunge was the answer the horrible hair metal of the 80's, and Grunge was supposed to be real music, but right after the grunge movement ended in the mid to late 90's, music got FAKE as fuck.

Backstreetboy, A*teens, Britney Spears....

7. Grunge is a broad term, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots don't sound alike at all.

8. I completely disagree with that. there are plenty of good musicians out there putting out good music.

9. I think music nowadays needs a breakthrough band its all the same shit now its either shitty repetative rap, down right retarded emo shit, stupid little melodies that are composed by monkeys or retarded gangbangers who cant even read actual music E.G (50Cent,Lil Wayne. I can't even fathom how the greats such as Kurt Cobain,Jim Morrision,Jimi Hendrix,Layne Staley, Beethoven, Mozart, Stevie Ray Vaughn, would feel about the rock nowadays.

But as for Grunge I think Alice In Chains is very underrated then they should be. But just around the turn of the new Millenium music became uninspired and unintresting, i guess what im trying to say music became not as a big factor in peoples lives as it was in the early days when there was nothing to do but put a record on and chill.

10. So you disagree but you do not say why. Good argument.......

Bands like The Shins, The Arctic Monkeys and Mars Volta are pretty cool, but in a grandiose sentiment music is mostly shitty pop radio music.

11. opeth, dream theater, and between the buried and me. These bands are all still togather. if you think they're shitty pop radio music then you're missing out.