Growth question...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hazyperspective, Apr 17, 2011.

1. So I'm not exactly new, but I can't find an answer to this.

I started my seeds on April 1st. I started them in 20 oz. cups, and have moved the ones that stretched a little to 2.5 gallon pots. I see people who started theirs around the same time as I did and theirs are much further along than are mine.

My question is this. Since I have used bigger containers than most of my counterparts, is that the reason that I am behind in leaf development? Are mine taking more time to grow and establish roots throughout the containers?

2. How big are they ? Do you have pics ? The growth on every plant is different and has to do with allot of factors also , like soil , light , water , nutes .. Etc etc , are you also checking the water ph ?

3. Thanks for the reply. They are still just seedlings. Working on their second set of true leaves. I use a organic soil mixed with perlite and vermiculite. My water is from a natural spring and is within range. With bigger containers do they focus more on the roots at first?

4. Yes it will indeed focus on root growth but that isnt a bad thing , roots grow fast in the correct conditions so you should be good in a few days you should start seeing improvements to the plant , next time try to leave the little plant in a small pot and when its devoloped a good rooting system transplant it , cheers :D