growroom ??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by pokesmot138, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Too expensive :( I mean it. You can get these things much cheaper than that...

2. alright so i am just going to invest in cfl's for my first grow:wave:

3. i def added it to my favs but do you guys think i should go cfl all the way for my first grow?:smoking:

4. Go ahead and add up everything in that kit, then tell me where you could get it cheaper.

HTG always has a fair price and good product.

5. yea go with cfls

no need to spend all that money if you can keep it cheap, grow some, and then sell it to buy the light and stuff w/ profit.

plus cfls barely raise your electricty bill

6. #8 Chunk, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2008
    I agree with Oldskoolgrower......where else can you get a turnkey package delivered to your door for much less. You can be up and running without having to do a lot of running to buy all these supplies. And....you end up with an HID lighting system, without settling on something you really haven't got your heart set on. Seriously though, price out each individual item, and its a no brainer. Good Luck!

7. The real rip-off are the pre made boxes, this seems like a good price for that kit.

For my first grow, I got a 1000W HPS, which I then had to exchange for a 600 (my circuit breaker couldn't take the 1000 + fans).

I would say going with the 400 would be a great start, as long as you have a good design for you box, and can keep the temps low.

Definitely worth the investment.

If you post some info about your box (if you have one, or the one you wanna build) you could get better advice.