growroom set up question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bud girl, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I have made a veg room and a grow room. I have a 400 watt mh for the veg and and a 1000watt hps for the grow room.

My questions are about the mylar. does it need to go right to the top of the walls or just above top height of the light in the veg room? Same for the grow room? What about the ceiling ? What is the best way and what is acceptable? I don't have enought to do from floor to top on both rooms so want to use what I have the best I can. Any input would be helpfull.

I am growing in soil
    The grow room is 8 x 10 the veg is 14x6

2. #2 can0520, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    The Mylar really only needs to go to top lighting system but, if I where you I just paint it white glossy if the room is not to big :smoking:

3. Mylar gets expensive in larger rooms. What size pots are you planning on using, you can save some time, money, and mylar by starting at the top of your pots. I always suggest making a hood w/ the mylar for your lights, this saves time and money also. I made mine using cardboard as a model then cut out some cheap plexi and heated it to bend in the shape I made the cardboard. I then cut out my exhaust holes and hole for the light, the used spray on adhesive to apply the mylar to the plexi. Drill holes and hang the plexi in the room where you center your light. Then you have no need to go all the way to the top of your room on the walls.

Just something to think aobut.

less

4. Well I would suggest about the same things these other guys are. I wouldn't use glossy white paint though, I don't know why, it just doesn't work as well as a flat white and get the whitest paint you can. So if you have the mylar no point to waste it. Just paint your grow room and run the mylar from the top of the pot to the bottom of your light. If you haven't bought the mylar yet then don't, just paint the room. It works very well plus mylar seems to get grimy fast. Also the advice depends on your style of growing, do you supercrop, lst, just top your plants or what? Either way fuck it, I'd just paint the walls, ceiling and floor and let my garden grow. :D

5. I agree, glossy white is is not near as good as flat white. I always suggest an outdoor latex b/c it is more durable and withstands the humidity better.

less