Grown light for 4x4 tent... green-beams GB4 480?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by GrasscityLuke, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Just starting out and not budgeted for a Scorpion Diablo so I'm looking around for something that will still get the job done for a 4x4 tent with 4 autoflowers. Anyone used the green-beams?
    Suggestions on led grow lights that arent a small fortune BUT are worth buying and will no doubt get the job done.

2. For every 5 auto flowers you grow you'll lose around a pound of weed vs growing photoperiods. Especially in a 4x4 space with a 4x4 light running only 4 autoflowers not even a lb. You'll get 2 lbs growing photos in that same space lb minimum. Personal preference I don't hate autos I'll grow them perpetually outside, if I had to grow indoors I'd only grow photos.

A blurple will get the job done it's just how good of a job you want done after all the time, effort, and money spent throughout a grow.

3. Save the cash and get an awesome led. It’ll be around $1000-$1300, but it’ll be worth saving and getting it done right the first time. Been there, done that twice. Think giant burning ball in the sky that produces life on this planet as we know it.

4. That's true I spent a grand on 4 lesser quality lights over a span of about 3 years before I finally saved up and spent a grand on one light. Wasted a grand but at the time I didn't know any better. Didn't understand what I needed and why.

5. I have a 480w HLG Rspec in my 4x4 that was about $700 when it was the newest shiniest thing a couple of years ago. I also have a Lenofocus LF100, 120-150w that cost $99 in a 2x2. Both LED. In all honesty the cheapo light produces every bit as much quantity and quality as the top of the line light does. Both produced above and beyond my expectation. I'm sure not all lights are equal and that some are much better. But there are less expensive lights out there that will produce every bit as good as more expensive fixtures. Research and read reviews is your best bet. Personally, for me anything over 480w led would be too hot for a 4x4. I have to keep the room at 68 to keep the tent at 78. I keep the 2x2 at 120w and have never had even the slightest heat issue.

6. You're running a cheap light in a 2x2 doesn't take much at all to be successful in small spaces. Run that same 480 watt blurple in the 4x4 or whatever cheap brand I almost guarantee you wouldnt speak the same of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. @GroBuddy I agree. Blew me away. I only got the 2x2 and light because I germed an extra seed. Yep, that's how I justified buying a new tent, light, and fans to myself. Trash a $7 seedling? Or buy a whole new set up for it? lol. I bought the light expecting maybe half or less quality/quantity than I'd get from the $$ setup. The light impressed me so much that when I saw it went on sale for $79 I bought another one. Still in the box, just in case any friends/family decide to try a grow. Or I buy another tent and fans, hmmmm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's how it starts. Might as well just buy the other accessories.

• Like Like x 2