Growings buds but no smell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Ana-MPS, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Hi to everyone, 

well, the title sums it up, 
    been into flowering since early April and have my buds growing slowly, but there's no smell. When I smell it myself closely it smells like "fresh grass" or I don't know... [​IMG]

Some people were complaining here about the stench happening in veg, and my plants didn't even start to smell yet. It surprises me because my strain is supposed to smell strong. (Afghani) 

Is it still too early ?

Picture below. 

Attached Files:

2. some strains don't have an overwhelming, pungent odor

or maybe you don't have the best sense of smell, like me

3. It's still weird tho, i'm growing from seeds and I bought them here.

Comments are mentionning strong smell and i'm kinda sure I have a good odorat. [​IMG]

Is it possible to fuck up something that would make your buds not smelly ? 

4. Last year I grew some that didn't smell until week 5 of flower, where as this time around the same seeds smell in week 3 of veg and I swear there is visible trich production. Must be down to genetics and nutrient uptake, even different phenos of the same genetics will smell different.

5. #5 FesterNewt, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    reach in there with your finger and give a bud a little tickle and then smell your finger....looks to me like you should get an odor of some sort

6. Yeah kinda smell like dirt,
    i'll give some feedbacks in a week or so and tell you guys if some smell appeared,

I've been reading somewhere around here that light smells are signs of light buzz....

Do you confirm ?  

I've never had that happen, but different phenotypes of a strain have different characteristics and low odor is very possible. That doesn't mean that it won't get you high, tho. The true test will have to wait until you actually smoke it, fully mature of course.

8. Are you having heat issues? Higher temps can hinder terpenes production.

Just checked, min is 17C while max is 28C

10. Is that in the room or at the canopy level?

11. terpines are what the smell mainly come from, they evaporate very easily so i would check the temperature or maybe you have a phenotype that has a "weak" terp smell.

12. #12 Ana-MPS, Apr 26, 2015

Sorry I forgot to mention, That's the temperature inside the box.
    I guess terpenes contains a lot of THC.  [​IMG]

13. #13 TurtleGrower, Apr 26, 2015
    terps and trichs are different, you have have a low profile terp count (which usually account for smell) and have killer THC percentages. 

although i could be a bit wrong here. 

Let's hope you're right then, at least I feel reassured for now. [​IMG]  

15. im gonna follow this post, update if anything changes.