Growing your own veg

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Freedom, Jun 17, 2010.

1. looking great free! i love scallions! they grow wild by me:D

2. Free, everything looks delicious :yummy: Bet the salad was awesome! Nothing better then garden fresh :p
    Peppers look great! :D

I love your herb garden girl :cool:

3. :eek::hello: Thanks Mrs Ed! I love growing, nothing like it. :D

You lucky duck! That'd be awesome. :metal: Thanks for looking man. :wave:

Thanks bird. :D:wave: The salad was yummington. Had it with a homemade pizza. :yummy:

No caterpillars living in my peppers this year ftw! :metal:

Another four weeks and I'll be digging up the first of my potatoes, I saw one of the blues poking it's head out the soil today, I'm far too excited about the prospect of blue potatoes. :eek:

4. First lot of potatoes came up today :hello:

pots 014.jpg

The blues won't be ready for a while, they're still flowering. :)

Spuds for dinner. :yummy:

5. Right on Free...nice looking Spuds for sure...Shhhhhh..tummy Growled *LOL*

Man can't wait!!!!!! Enjoy Sis..you Deserve it for sure!!!

6. Lol! Thanks a lot man. :wave: :)

7. :cool: i love onion sammiches..lol..try w/bellpeppers for a delightful combo!

:yummy:these flowers are delicous stir fried....mmmm

i treat my peppers just like my pot(i even fed same nutes),water when pot is light/plant droops.i even flush w/plain water:rolleyes:

:hello:post it please?:D

it's always good to find wild edibles:D the hot springs where i grew up had wild celery growing all around it.:smoke:

nice spuds.you will like the blues;):wave:

8. :eek: nice spuds :yummy: AWESOME!!! You've inspired me to grow potatoes next year :D

How was dinner? Delish I bet :yummy:

9. Highya Free :D Thought I'd share a few pics of the veggies coming in right now :yummy:

Cukes
    [​IMG]

Check out how funky this one grew thru the fence...LOL!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mariachi Peppers
    [​IMG]

Sweet peppers
    [​IMG]

worlds hottest pepper
    [​IMG]

Something stole my strawbs :( either bird or rabbit *sigh*
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. :wave: hi there. :) Thanks for the input, I think I'm finally getting hang of the pepper plant, it doesn't like our native weather tho. ;)
    I picked my first blues llast week. :hello: They were more kinda purple. :p I turned them into chips and the skins went grey in the oven. :( Didn't look too appetizing but tasted good. ;) :yummy:

Thanks bird! :D :love: The spud growing has been a roaring success, I've got thousands of them and they should last well in to Winter if stored properly. :hello::cool:

Dinner made from freshly dug upp produce is the best. :yay:

Whoa! :eek: Thanks for sharing girl! Everything looks amazing! :hello::hello: That fence Cuke is cool! :D Amazing peppers!

What will u turn those hot chillies into? :poke::eek::eek: They look scorchio. :yummy:

My strawbs were a bit poo this year, didn't yield many and the ones I got had been nibbled by something. :mad: Strawberry thieves, garden goblins or something. :p

11. :eek::D:hello::hello::hello: Free this place is awesome :D.

I have had enough of grow your own veg right now though :eek::rolleyes: :bolt:

12. Thanks groovio you! :poke: :D

When you visit I'm going to make you look at all my veg. :devious::poke: Ooo, that reminds me, I need to go look at that site. ;):bolt:

13. Very nice! :hello: I hope I can say the same next year :D

Thanks girl! :D :love: :smoke:

I'll use them in stir fries, salsa, chili, and whatever other dish I want to make spicy or flaming hot :yummy: I'll dry most of them..I have a feeling that I'll just need a little pinch of the flaming hot peppers in whatever I'm making :eek: Things are defo gonna be hot around here for a while :ey: :p :laughing:

Bummer!!! I was hoping that you had a really good year for strawbs. :(
    I'm going to get some netting to cover them with, so I have a chance at getting some berries this year :devious: :)

14. HIGH All, Mmmmmm man I wish our Cukes looked like That *LOL*..even the Through the Fence one....ya Bummer on the Strawbs Free...ya got to Watch those Pill (sow) bugs..little Shits Love the Strawbs.

15. :hello: That veg is some of the best I have seen and get a lot of veggy pictures :rolleyes::D

Those Chilli mmm :D

16. :laughing: girl, they sound delushio! :hello::hello:

Yeah, I might try hanging strawb pots next year to help avoid the bugs. :)

Aaw, thanks man. :D

Here's an updizzle on the veggie garden, the blue potatoes are more purple :confused_2:
    The beans are starting to come in and get good and long. :devious:

dscf0319.jpg

dscf0320.jpg

dscf0321.jpg

dscf0322.jpg

dscf0323.jpg

17. Awesome job :hello: The veg plots were much more groovy than they look from the pictures :D. I iz well jealous innit :smoking:

18. Thanks dude :eek::wave: It's hard to get the whole thing in a cam shot, but I'm pleased with mah veggie beds, they are only a year old this month. :D

A little updizzlio. All my spuds are up now and they've done a good job on the soil for next year, my compost made up mostly of grass cuttings, horse poo and my mj plants roots :hello: will get spread on in a month or two.

Here's one of my corns, no idea how I'm supposed to know when it's ready :confused_2:

DSCF0434.JPG

These are super hot chillies that I've grown out on the kitchen window sill :D

DSCF0432.JPG

Brocolli plant, keeps getting eaten by whitefly. :mad:

DSCF0433.JPG

Leeks

DSCF0435.JPG

Beans still going strong

DSCF0436.JPG

And my newest additions, very excited about these :hello:
    Grapevines!

DSCF0437.JPG

I gotta build them something to cling onto, but they love life where they are :hello: One day in the not too distant future Imma make my own wine. :D

Thanks for looking. :wave:

19. :wave: Lookin extra groovy Free :D the corn is ready when the tin has grown and the label with the big green dude on it is finished :rolleyes::p.

The plot really was much bigger and better than I thought it would be in real life :hello:. Grapes are awesome, wine is not :p. I'd eat one of those hot chillies :devious::D

20. :laughing::laughing::laughing: :poke: Too funny.

Teeny garden tho huh? :eek:

I put them in my home made Thai green curry, it's very yummers. :) I love chillies, the hotter the betterer. :yummy: