Growing with vaporized liquid

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by superskunksmoke, Jul 3, 2012.

1. I am not mad, I just think I have an energy savin' solution.

Imagine a big candle burnin' and lettin' carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. This is good for plants.

Now imagine on top of that candle a beacker balanced on a stand with enough water to satisfy a cannabis plant for a day just like a home made vaporizer.

Now imagine a mini greenhouse above the plant and sunlight.

This works in my head.

The greenhouse keeps the carbon in for the leaves and also a sufficient amount of heat while the plant is protected from wind and rain while also getting a constant aerponics mist to the roots.

I will be testing this and posting the results with one of my currently sprouting seedlings.

Just to make clear, I mean the candle and beacker in a hole dug in the ground while the roots will stay away from the heat inside it.

2. So you're going to put a dome over your plant and supply steam and CO2 from a candle?

How's the oxygen going to get out?

Your candle will go out once it runs out of oxygen, which probably wouldn't be too long.

This probably won't work, at all. Supplementing CO2 is best in sealed rooms. There's no reason to do such thing outside, considering you're plants will already get massive outdoors.

It's beaker.

3. soda water has been infused with carbon dioxide dry ice work also and is very cheap

ive even seen a fire extinguisher used lol

4. That's a good idea, bicarbinate soda ice cubes will let purer steam and carbon. Also my mini green house has an air hole that is openable and closeable. As for oxygen to the flame, I can leave air gaps easily. Or if I want to get technical, I can poke some maccy d straws through the soil to the flame. I had another thought about using a light up candle, red one, that lights up with the flame that can supply a bit of light but not sure if it would help much.

It's just an experiment I am trying to see the results. That fire extinguisher sounds like a brilliant idea if I can find a slow spraying one that can provide a mist but from past experience from using them, the pressure lasts only minutes but im going to look into it.

5. fire under water will not produce nute infused steam...nor will you get co2 infused ice cubes if you freeze soda water...
    ..candle light to grow a plant by...jeez...

I blame the public education system...they do NOT teach basic science these days.

6. Search in google mandle candle. I mean using sunlight to grow it but using the red light for night time, just a bit of added difference. I have a fair few seeds so its worth a try. Carbon can be made by mixing a solution and leaving it to evaporate. My education worked well but my science with plants is a bit off. Still cannabis is a unique plant in most ways including the light spectrum it uses through different stages of its grow. I have spent probably 200 hours reading growing techniques in the last 6 months so im pretty up to scratch with the intermediate know how.

7. I'll never say never, you said you've researched this thoroughly, but wouldn't the steam cook the plants. 212 degrees as long as it's still vapor, then when it ceases to be vapor it becomes rain.
    Interesting concept but I don't get all the aspects.