Growing with just florescent lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Diegoman7777, May 20, 2011.

1. I have a couple nice plants growing hydro but I'm short of cash at the moment and can't afford a legit lighting setup for the flowering stage. They're only under a few florescent lights right now which has been fine for the vegetative growth but would these work at all to produce buds under a flowering light cycle? I know it wouldn't make great buds like a HPS light but would it make sellable buds to turn a profit to go into a better lighting setup?

2. They'll work, you just don't get the light penetration with them that you will with HPS but as long as you keep the cfls close and add a whole bunch( idk how many you got up, but add some anyways ;)) then you should be good! Make sure you switch spectrums for flower too!

3. Does 6 four foot bulbs sound like enough? I'm using 4 right now for the veg and they're doing fine. What's changing the spectrum?

4. Should be enough, depending on wattage. 2700k temperature bulbs for flower. 6500k for veg

5. ^Doesn't have to be those specs exactly, anything 2700k to 3000k is good for flower but you still want some balance so don't completely exclude the 5500-7000k lights either. Or you could go with all red spectrum fluros (2700k-3000k) and supplement with 26w repti-glo lights, which add blue spectrum. The blue spectrum is good during flowering for density and frostiness.