Growing with Flouro's and Cfl's.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by green.man.420, Dec 16, 2009.

1. agreed that tin foil looks ghetto haha. but if one cannot afford mylar. would tin foil cause the same burn damage when using cfl's as it does with mh/hps lights. all i wanna know is if itll work.

2. I use those too, they're a thin Mylar I think. They work well wrapped on some cardboard or just a light surface behind it.

They only recently started carrying them, keep checkin, these types of stores stock new models on a weekly basis.

3. If you're strapped for cash like me, but are weary of foil- you can try simple white cardboard.. I'm using white cardboard (posterboard from walmart) and it seems to be reflecting better than the foil I first had up.

4. ok thanks all i will get a few emergency blankets and try em out this week when i get more lights. take a look at my grow and set up if you want. just follow the link.

5. Its working good. The first time i used it i didn't use enough. Its reflective but its a little transparent. So i wrapped my box with foil tape and put a emergency blanket it over it and it works great. Super bright and it doesn't seem to scatter to much.

6. hey defspec, cool, glad to hear. did you take a look at my grow? think im doing ok?