Growing with CFLs and Flowering Clones

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowBosco, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I just got things started with some clones I got off a plant that was about 5 weeks into flower. I made a pc grow box on the cheap to get clones going before I move them into a bigger grow box. I only took two clones and after 3 weeks I've got new growth and they're looking good.

I just used rooting hormone and put them in 2 parts soil, 1 part perlite, and 1 part compost. I got that mix nice and damp with some light bloom nute and superthrive in the water. They were kept under a humidity dome for about 2 weeks and I took them out once they showed new growth. Now that they are out of the dome I'm starting them on fox farm nutes. They are under 24 hours of light with 3x27w 5500k cfl bulbs that makes about 6000 lumens/sq ft in the little box. I got some really funky growth and branching that you can see in the pic below.

Attached Files:

2. good start! lmao your clones have trichomes all over them still, this will deff be an interesting grow :)
    are you getting proper ventilation in that pc box?

3. Hahaha I know. Even some of the weird new growth has trichs on em. I've got those two smaller fans pumping air in from the side. I hope it's enough.

4. ID SAY ONCE YOU SEE SOME NEW GROWTH AND ROOTS ARE FIRMLY RUNNIN TAKE A FEW HOURS OFF. AND LET THEM SEE THE DARK A BIT. DARK PERIOD HELPS SEND THE STORED ENERGY TO THE TOP OF THE NEW GROWTH.
    I HATE WHEN I HAVE TO TAKE A CUT FROM A FLOWERING PLANT IT NEVER FULLY REVERTS ITS HORMONE STAGE BACK TO VEG. I KEEP MOMS NOW INSTEAD OF USING MY FLOWERING PLANTS TO TAKE CUTS.
    I WOULDNT GIVE IT ANY BLOOM NUTS YET. IT DONT NEED IT, YOU WILL JUST FORCE THE PLANT TO FLOWER OUT AND FINISH INTO .3 NUG. AND THATS NO FUN WHEN YOU ONLY GET A BOWL FOR YOUR HARD WORK.
    good luck!:smoke:mack