Growing with a black light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Metalguitar, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I've heard from a couple people that when you harvest the plant, turn on a black light in the room the buds are hanging in, and when there done they will have purple hairs. I personally dont think this would work, but i heard it from a few different people in my school and i was woundering what you guys thought about it.

2. That is actually an interesting question. I don't think it would work, at all. Black lights work by emitting ultraviolet light which causes phosphors in white colors to react to it. This could possibly include the pistols of a plant. I don't think light can change the color of solid material. Do a little research on light waves and black lights. I've seen weed that looked purple but as far as I know it comes from genetics.

3. yup thats absolutly true, I keep tellin folks it is low temps , and strain + plus a little TLC ..but in truth all PURPS are treated with a black light, and nothing more. :rolleyes:

also you can grow indoors with a halogen( 10 watters works best).

peace and good luck

PS dont belive me ..nore your friends. Purps are genetic .it is a responce to the wether/temp changing...just like all those yellows, oranges, and reds you see thru the trees in fall...common sence rules dude.

4. the people at your school are ignorant/slightly retarded. using a black light won't do a thing for your plants, cut or not

5. Thanks for the help everyone, i knew it was bull shit.

6. sorry, I just dont think thatd work

7. Maybe they meant they reflect purple under the black light (like when you hold something white under a black light) when they're done. I dont know if it would work, but its more likely than it actually turning the bud's hairs purple.