Growing Wild Seeds Indoor.. Possible?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flashbash, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Dear all,

Newbie here..

So, i was able to gather some seeds from some cush i used to smoke back in Sinai, Egypt.. if you guys ever been.. they call it Banjo.. I have no clue if it is a Sativa, Indica or Ruderalis

Here is the thing, they don't really care for there plants being all females and stuff.. So, as you guys can imagine .. i got a shit load of seeds that i wanna make use off... Started germinating two and the two germinated perfectly in no time.. I put one in a pot and the other in cup ... both in dark for about a week .. the pot spouted into a reasonable size but a bit yellow, I'm guess because of the lack of light.. so i put it in a wooden box under a cool white CFL with ventilation... Since i have no timer yet .. its gonna be under that light 24hrs

Also, the seed in the cup sprouted its root out of the ground .. so i had to adjust the seed's orientation back in the ground and put it outdoors.. in the roof .. where it gets like 9 hours of amazing direct sun (Unfortunately, i wont be able to use this spot for a whole grow)

I know outdoors seems way more convenient.. but my outdoor options aren't that pleasant ..it will get roughly 2-3 hours of direct sun before sunset.. and its not the cleanest environment out there.. too dusty

I know i might be doing lots of no no's .. but i am knew and growing something i have no clue what it is ..

2. Egyptian kush? Hell yeah, grow em out, it's amazing, we used to get some of the shittiest weed back in the day, brick weed , stuff was garbage, grew some of it out( outdoor) the stuff turned out really good,
    I know a lot of it is genetics, but my point is , a decent grow, dry and cure can make even the worst weed, most enjoyable, be sure to start a journal if your able , I would love to see some of that there banjo :)

Sent from my 100 acre wood using piglet app

3. Completely possible, have a look at the 'indoor grows' section of the forums for info. You'l need a lot more than 1 cfl though haha, how many you have will directly affect how much weed you get so get as many as you can set up and put them both under the same lighting area for max efficiency. But yeah have a read through the indoor section, most of your questions will be answered there. If you have any other questions il answer if im able

4. #4 flashbash, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
    Thanks a lot, I have taken a look on the grow section .. its hard extracting the answers i want from this sea of information..

I know i'll be needing more than one CFL .. i have read a lot about growing autos... and i've been told that too much light will kill the seedling

The thing is .. what the hell am i growing?! I have no timer .. should i leave it under 24hr light?

The indoor seedling has been put under some light for a day, 5 days ago, with the 5 days being dark (Because i didn't know what to do). Now, its not dead but has grown a bit...
    Indoor seedling image below
    [​IMG]

As for the outdoor seedling, i see the open seed with the sprout in it but that it

5. Since your working with regular seeds and have a roughly 50-50 chance of having 2 males I'd plant several more seeds as you seem to have a bucket full..
    3x3x3 inch square cups is what I start in.. Only half fill the cup to start them in as they tend to stretch right off the bat and you can just add more soil rather then trying to stake and wire a tiny flopping seedling..
    Seeds be seeds be seeds.. It's all good and we make use of what we have.. I'm still running an unknown seedling strain as my signature strain as I haven't found anything quite like it..
    24-0 works just fine and that's what I've vegged under for years now..
    I'll veg in that 3x3x3 square cup till the plant is about 12 inches tall.. 2 reasons.. Square pots promote better root branching.. Small pots dry fast and help keep the new and old growers alike from overwatering..
    [​IMG]
    It also lets me make maximum use of the limited light I work under..
    16 plants pet set and 3 sets of graduated sizes all move up and out every 60 to 70 days as the plants I've got outside flowering finish..
    [​IMG]
    ===========
    Next pot size is a 5x5x7 deep and that's good to 24 inches tall
    [​IMG]
    Big plants in small pots insures you don't drown them and you'll have clean stress free transplants as your waiting till the root ball is well filled.. I fucked up more plants transplanting to soon then anything else I did wrong..
    [​IMG]
    This is how I want the root ball to look at each transplant.. If it falls apart you transplanted to soon and it'll shock the hell out of the plant..
    It'll get dropped into the 5x5x7 waiting under it after I dust the roots with some Mykos root inoculant..
    My last veg stage is an 8x8x10 inch pot and that's good for a 36-48 inch plant..
    [​IMG]
    One last TP to outside to flower..
    [​IMG]
    This is an outside off season grow where it doesn't freeze.. Put out on the 7th of Dec they only get about 4 hours of direct sun per day at this time of year and will finish just fine if a little slow
    [​IMG]
    It all gets vegged in an old garden shed under 4 T5 high output fixtures..
    My 2 cents on newbee growers and small plants.. I still use the same fool proof staged multi transplant style my own mentor showed me years ago because it works..
    BNW

6. Thats Great! .. Now will i be able to grow this one along with 3 more Autoflowers in the same grow box that takes 4 pots?
    I don't wanna risk doing something wrong during transplanting .. so i'll just plant them in their final pot from the beginning.

Also, how do i know how long the grow cycle for such a plant?! How long should it stay in vegging ?

I love how you plant them outside during flowering .. will i be able to do so with both normal seeds and auto flowers in their same pot?!

Excuse my random questions :)

7. I have no experience with autos so your on your own with them but from what I've read they like the final pot best as they don't take well to transplanting..
    BNW

8. Why would you assume a kush bag seed would be an auto?

9. A bit late of an update here .. [Remember its my first grow] 28 days old
    Question: Im loosing lower leaves.. used to think its fine with 1 finger leafs and thought its fine with 3 finger leafs ..but now even bigger leafs are yellowing [as seen in picture].. also she's developing new growth around the yellowing one...

Info:
    Soil: Peat mos- compost - perlite - styrofoam - some coffee grounds
    Water Ph: 6.7 ph'd down using vinegar in large water container [originally tap water @ 8 Ph]
    Light CFL's mix [136w of 2700k - 74w of 6400k]

Problem: run off water Ph raises to 7.6 with means the soil is way of at about 8.5]
    No reason why and don't know how to fix it..
    Could be nute block or nitrogen deficency .. i think since its a wild seed and its grandfather where grown in bad conditions that it developed resistance to bad soil ph .. correct me if I'm wrong here

Any comments based on the picture are much appreciated
    [​IMG]

10. I grew out some bag seed, on my last run, came from high/ mid grade bud, grew, dried and cured properly, and was nowhere as good as the " store bought " genetics I grew next to it

11. She's probably Ruderalis .. thats why her finger are thin

12. The problem is your ph, causing nute lockup most likely. Do you have a good calibrated ph meter? Also vinegar is not a stable ph adjuster it fluctuates and becomes ineffective in soil. Look up organic ph buffers. Coffee grinds also change the ph

13. I kinda noticed vinegar is completely unstable.. i adjust the water and 2 hours later its back to normal ..
    Any recommendations other than Ph up and down? something easy to find and stable