Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growing white widow

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Ratmosphere, Jul 15, 2017.

1. It won't work well you want the bulb over the plant if it's to the side the plant will stretch pretty bad and start to grow to the side imo. But I mean you will have to figure something out one way or another as that won't work more than a week or two tops anyhow and it'll produce a very poor plant nor is the bulb the right spectrum you want a white CFL not yellow

Grow journal

2. You're right, the weather has just been so bad this week. Initially, this started as a joke but I'm getting too attached to the plant. I appreciate the help!

3. What is the result of a plant stretching?

4. I meant as in, will the flower production be jeopardized? Etc. This is what I have so far. I guess I am experiencing stretching. :angry: What can I do? Just expose it to more direct sunlight? This is day 13 by the way.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

5. No if you plan on putting her outdoors just bury the stem some whenever you transplant her into a bigger pot if she does stretch some

Grow journal

6. Around how many more weeks should I transplant this plant into a bigger pot?

7. So I'd just hold the plants stem with my index and middle finger, turn the pot upside down, and then hopefully it would come out? By the way, does my plant look stunted or could it be bigger at day 13? I have not used nutrients and just Miracle Gro organic potting mix.

8. It looks fine and with smaller pots I prefer to put my hand completely over the pot with the stem between my thumb and pointer finger if that makes since... then turn her upside down and gently break the soil from the pot... its best to wait until the roots have really dug into the soil and can hold it together or else it can get messy.

Grow journal

9. Sweet! Really appreciate the help. And just for clarification, theres no way I could sex the plant any other way until 4 weeks when it gets white hairs?

• Like Like x 1
  10. It can take 6-8 weeks from seed... and me personally I have never had a bagseed give me preflowers before 12/12

Grow journal

11. Oh wow! Alright, awesome! One more thing. Should I use nutrients in the soil when I put the plant into a bigger pot? I hear White Widow does good on organic soils on its own. Then again, I could have heard wrong. Should I add bonemeal or blood meal in the soil? Should I mix it in or just put it in the bottom?

12. No if you transplant the soil will have plenty of food to keep feeding. And whether or not to add stuff to the soil you may want to wait for an organic guy to chime in... but I'd imagine it'd be better off to use as a topdressing... or to possibly make teas if possible with that stuff...

Grow journal

13. Starting to notice the leaves are yellowing. Is this because of a nitrogen deficiency? Checked deep in the soil and its cold and dark, not waterlogged. I water it twice a day, one in the morning and one at night.

FullSizeRender.jpg

14. What soil do you plan on using? Id recommend fox farms the next transplant either happy frog or ocean forest. They have a decent bit of food in them and can last a while without needing bottles nutes.

Grow journal

15. Awesome, looks like I'll be using that brand! Is the plant looking yellow to you though?

16. Alright, so I just ordered Fox Farms Ocean Forest. When I transplant the plant, will it be shocked going into the new soil? I also only have ceramic pots, are these good enough to raise a healthy plant?

• Like Like x 1
  17. How big are the pots?

Grow journal

18. I actually had somebody grab me these and I traded them a 0.5 of medical, pretty shot. I told them to take pictures of what Home Depot had but they didn't and ended up getting me these. I feel like they are way too big. Either way, I can always get new ones.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg