Growing white russian!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MrMotown, Feb 19, 2009.

1. #1 MrMotown, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    THIS IS MY VERY FIRST GROW. I found 2 seeds in a bag of some White Russian. So i decided to see what would happen. Out of those 2 seeds only one germinated and sprouted. It is in its 3rd week of vegetative growth. I am using MG continuous release potting soil. I have one 100W CFL and a tube fluorescent light that i grabbed from walmart it was labeled Growlight. In conjunction with the lights i place my plant in the window everyday and let it absord the wonderful rays of sun. I get home right before sunset and place it back in my grow closet. I want you guys to check out some of my pics that i took last night and tell me how my plant looks. it looks good to me. But i am a NEWBIE...help me out. ANY TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS are welcomed

Attached Files:

2. sorry mate but question of my own! i have 4of them growing and the steams are very long they are only a week into the vegative growth and only have very small flowering on top so what way did your start out did they have long steams??

3. I started em out as seeds...and i keep the lights VERY CLOSE to the plants since they are fluorescents. They can be as close as an 1" away this prevents them from stretching. However, be careful because they will grow fast and if you dont watch them your leaves will grow into the bulb and burn. that happened with one of my leaves. (you can see it in the pics)...

4. Lookin good, MrMotown!

Did you throw the seeds into the soil and skip the germination part? If so, how long did it take before they sprouted?

5. no i germinated them...that took about a 2 or 3 days...i put them in a wet papertowel...and then placed them in a tupperware container

6. I'm growing some White Russian now that I started along with another strain. I started 2 seeds of each and they are now in there 4th week of flowering. Only one of the russians turned out to be female. The WR was very slow-growing initially when compared to the other strain, but it took off eventually. Now it's slightly taller than my other 2 plants. You are absolutely right about keeping that CFL close and checking it often. I grew it under a 100w CFL also until it was about 6 inches tall and I got no stretch at all. Like you, I also got a small burn on a fan leaf by not watching it as close as I should.

Congratulations. It looks good. Maybe yours will grow quicker for you considering that you're giving it sunliight as well. Something else about White Russian. I thought this was a problem, but it's actually turned out to not be a problem judging from the way my buds are looking. That thing has had the appearance of being magnesium deficient throughout the whole grow. The leave are kinda mottled dark/light green and they don't really have a lush healthy look to them. I feed it the same ferts as the other 2 plants and they look healthy as hell. Not sure what's going on with the WR but it doesn't seem to have affected bud production at all. Good luck and hope it turns out female for ya.

7. it's the beginning of the 4th week of veg for my white russian...she's lookin pretty good...she's almost 9 in" tall...i plan on flowering once she reaches 12"...i'm thinking it's going to be around thursday or friday...i have a question though...is it better to pay attention to the nodes or overall height as to gauging the time to induce flowering?

Attached Files:

8. Looking good man!

For future reference, you might not want to use MG Time Release.

9. I would put it in some good soil and get some nutrients and let it grow to bout 4ft before I flowered so the bud would be good and plentiful. Also if its a female I would take some cuttings off that. You could get some clones going.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fox-Farm-Big-Bl...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fox-Farm-Ocean-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jiffy-Professio...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dutch-Master-Re...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

10. I vegged until mine were about 20" to 24" and I could sex them. Then I killed off the male and switched to 12/12. I only got an additional 12" or so in height during flowering. My female is now about 36" after 5 weeks of 12/12.

11. Jmoney i dont have enough space to grow up to 4ft...i wish i did though...my closet is about 2'5" X 2'3" with 5 ft of height...

12. Oh in that case I would just grow it as tall as possible.

13. Stem began shedding about a week ago and the set of round leaves fell off

Plant has 6 nodes and is a little over 12" tall
    Plant is now 5 weeks old 1 day in2 flowering

Attached Files: