Growing where the sun only shines 12-13 hours a day all year.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rod121, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Hello! So I could not find a specific thread about this matter. I live in a place where the sun only shines between 12 and 13 hours min/max all year (Mexico City), although regularly sun shines relative strong. I am growing a weed plant which is not feminized (risky I know) and does not autoflower (and genetics are not the best for sure haha). I have read that a weed plant is induced to flowering by 12/12 hours of sun and dark. My question is, when will my plant start the flowering phase? Will it be very soon? My plant germinated in early February and now it has 1 month. Consider we are getting closer to summer and day are getting a bit larger, but as I said not too much). This is my first time as a grower (and writing at a forum LOL) and I don't really smoke much so I do not care too much about the yield, although it would be nice to have a good yield haha. Instead, I really would like to know how the marihuana plant works. Medical marihuana is soon-to-be legalized here in Mexico and I consider it a business opportunity (a good link about the business operation would be well appreciated).

Also, might be important to add that it receives 6 hours of indirect sunlight and 6 hours of direct sunlight, mainly because it is in a spot where I hid it from my parents. Therefore, it is growing very slowly which is ok because I am hiding it. It is an Indica plant. Thanks!

2. what you need is a Sativa strain that grows near to the Equator ,,you would then get good buds ....Google it and see if you can find a strain to suit you ..the indica plant you've got will start flowering with 12 hours sun and darkness you'll get a plant with one big bud if your lucky ...mac,,

3. DO NOT HIDE IT FROM YOUR PARENTS!!!
    If you cant grow it legally yet, dont grow on their property. If it gets busted they go to jail. Pretty selfish for a few nugs man.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way lets get to some advice! They should start flowering at or around 1 month under 12/12 light. Indica's stay fairly short, so a bit of training will help you keep it low key. What does your set up look like? Pots, soil, nutrients? The more info you give me the more I can give you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've lived on the equator before

we grew sth american sativa's porto rojo mostley

with 2 months veg indoors in 40liter pots

then got booted out ...lol

that took ages to come to harvest

so we grew autoflowers in between

good luck

ps grow only in your own place ..imo

5. Thanks for your replies. You are totally right, I will try to find a better (morally speaking) place for my plants. Now, my pot is fairly little as I would say is about 1.5 litres. I would say this little pot is ok because I don't want it to grow big (I really don't know the optimum space for my needs). How much can it grow with the 1.5-liter pot? I know I can train the plant to grow it horizontally but I would attend that issue when the moment demands it. I bought a rich soil from a gardener, the dark one with a loose texture. Regarding the nutrients, I am only using worm humus liquid which I combine it with water. Also, I do not know the optimum worm humus liquid I should add. I read that there is no overdosage with it but still, is it enough with only worm humus? How much should I add? How frequently? I have a worm farm so you can say I have unlimited material haha. About my setup, I modify it and now gets around 8 hours of direct and 4 of indirect sunlight (very low-intensity light).

Another question I have is, how many inches should my plant have to get around 5 grams of yield? I know this is very little but I would still like an approximation. By the way, supposing I want to force my cannabis into flowering, should it be 12 hours of direct sunlight or just to be around the indirect light? Should the 12 hours of darkness be completely dark (lol)?

Hope I made myself clear. Cheers!