Growing weed outdoors wont work here?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MisterSwisher420, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Okay so I was looking at light tables. And it doesn't get to 12/12 here until October and in October temps are gonna drop, may even get a frosting.

So if i tried growing outdoors (non autoflowers) they're just gonna stay in veg?

2. Cold will stunt growth, and frost can kill!

3. Yeah they would veg until October and flower for another 2-3 months depending on strain. So yeah your location won't work well for outdoor as October is most outdoor growers harvest window. "Croptober"

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah. Like idk I live in midwestern america and temps here vary a lot. Is there anyway to induce flowering outdoors?

5. if theyre in pota, you could simply make a schedule and bring them in/out or create some form of canopy to enclose them for 12 hrs

6. IDK..I am in Northern Nevada and the weather here sux for outdoor grows I....thought about it, but decided to only grow indoors..Keeps me in tow with the new laws too:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. 12/12 don't apply to outdoors they start flowering about august...

U could also give supplemental light in veg to about 18hrs and when u want to flower jus leave them with no light.the switch from 18 to 13 will make them flower

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I"LL DO.
    im gonna have them in the woods so im gonna just make a lil tent with a tarp some rocks and a tree and put them in there from like 6:30pm-6:30am.

Well. I work a lot so im gonna put them in the tent at like 6 or 6:30 and uncover them at like 9 once its dark so i dont gotta worry about uncovering them early as fuck.

9. Outdoor Flowering - 12/12 does not apply

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. As others have said, you don't need 12/12 to flower outside. Hell, you don't need 12/12 inside. I use 13/11 for the extra hour of light.

First grow using cfls.