Growing up.

Discussion in 'General' started by Blazin'Talon, Sep 19, 2006.

1. I'm getting a real job boys and girls. I'm about 5 days in, getting clean for a DT to go work as a Leasehand in the oilpatch. Any southern Alberta people know how hard they need people right now, and how much sick money there is in it.

I'll be working 12 hour days, every day for 3 wweks on, one off. A leasehand clean coveralls, walls, engines. Helps with wrenching sometimes. Helps mix mud, cleans up invert. I'll be standing around using a pressure washer/washing machine for half the time. Nearly 3 grand a week free and clear, after taxes!

Shitty work, shitty being away from home weeks at a time...Pretty cool to go from living in my dads attic to owning my first home by February. That's after I pay off some debts, fix my car and set aside money to travel with. Me and some friends are going to mexico in april for 2 weeks, then Cambodia for two and Thailand for one.

SO FUCKING PUMPED!

Easily worth cleaning up for a couple weeks. There was no second thought there. I quit smoking and started on cranberry before I had even decided to go for sure...S'gonna kick some ass kids.
    I got another friend who's a leasehand as well, I know a couple roughnecks and a driller too. Also one of the camp cooks.

Anyway, I;ve been a busy beaver organising things with my angry bank and looking for a work truck. Will probably continue to be a bit of a rarity on here, but I'm still around. I'll be sure to say goodbye before I leave for my first hitch.
    I'm bringing my laptop out with me, but I don;t know about internet at the camps. If I get on a rig where you get put up in a motel I'll have 'net for sure. And I'll be around no matter what when I'm on my week off.

PEACE GC!

2. Nice man,

Sounds like hard work but it sounds like you will enjoy that kinda stuff

Have Fun and Good Luck

3. Damn man, Nice money. I'd do that shit in a heartbeat aswell.