Growing up with an Alcoholic?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ReD_LiNe, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Aint trying to sound all gay n shit bro, but id give ya a hug and light one up with ya if you were here.

Sometime i can be the hardest shit to deal with... Ive been watching my dad drink his genius away for years now..

Makes me use more =\ I hate to put a reason my use, and blame it on depression, but ya know.. somethings to trigger shit.

2. my dad... started when I was 11 or 12 and spiraled down until I was 16

The last couple years of it we're pretty painful, I don't know if it was just because I was aware of it or it was worse than when I was younger.

It can take a long time before somebody realizes that they've just had to much alcohol and they can no longer drink reasonably any more.

It's not a grey area, once you're done, you're done. You can not casually drink after it's gotten bad, you have to quit completely, it's black and white.

Luckily he doesn't drink at all any more, or you could say he hasn't had a re-lapse in several years. But he realizes now that if he drinks it will just bring him right back to where he was, even just one.

3. Ok? I didn't say anything like that. Technically anyone who uses drugs besides their designated purpose is abusing them. Abuse can be used in another sense for "use". Drug abuse

4. So I'm getting judged, just by posting on a fuckin' forum?

What is happening to people these days, I mean there must be something in the water.

5. I said don't post if you don't feel comfortable sharing in my original post, please learn to read. I have an alcoholic parent so I don't see what the problem is, I regularly abuse drugs too, wanted to see if there are any other people out there.

6. Woah, woah, woah. Im fuckin with you bro, calm down there Eminem!

7. ill be the first to admit I abuse drugs. I am not an addict or anything. Just like to get loaded :smoke:

8. My bad, it's hard to judge emotions over a computer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. + rep for makin me actually laugh out loud.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dad's an alcoholic but he hasn't really been part of my life since I was born. Mom had a big drinking and crank problem but gave it up for me. Grandpa's a recovering alcoholic and grandma was one of the biggest drug users (everything from weed to LSD to cocaine) to ever live around here.

11. i havent read this thread yet completely, but my mother being an alcoholic most of my life and seeing her slowly die and being helpless is the root of all my depression. I am working on it, getting better I think (hope)

12. my mom quit drinking in '08 but before that it was a standard bottle of wine a night. and her ex boyfriend would drink 6+ beers a night. as for my dad, he sticks to beer and tequila.
    pretty much i was surrounded by alcohol when i was growing up.