Growing to tall?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Danker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Ok so I I started growing a couple of reggie seeds the other day and all 4 of them have sprouted. I have 2 of them that seem to be growing really tall. Its been like 2 days and one of my plants is already like 3-4 inches tall. Is this bad?
    Is there anything I can do to make them not grow so tall right off the back. I am afraid if they get to big to early they might get a little top heavy if that is possible. Please let me know.

2. Not bad at all. You probaly didnt put the seed sprout deep enough into the soil, but thats no big deal. keep your flouresents about an inch to 2 iches away from the top of the sprouts, this will help them not to streach a whole lot. Also try tranplanting them soon into a deeper container and bury most of the stem. hope this helps and good luck.

3. Well currently I am starting them inside and am hoping to take them outside. So I dont have any lights on them right now. I put them in my window for a couple hours a day but thats about it. This is my first grow so it is mostly just an experiment.

Also another quest. I want to grow some small plants. Not big 6 footers. Any advice for keeping plants short?

4. Thats why there tall, becuz your giving them insuffcient light. Do you live out side of the USA, be cuz the outdoor grow season is almost over for america. by a cheap Compact floro light and youll be good for a lilttle. plus your plants have to get atleast 18 hours of light to keep in vegatative and grow. Also look up topping methodes to keep plants short.

5. I live in a not so warm place and put my extra plants (i had no idea what i was doing about a month ago) in my window just to see what they would do. and there wasn't enough light, they were stretching trying to "reach the sun". I also have two plants with 2 cfl's each and these kept them extremely bushy and not that tall. if they start to get real bad before you can transplant, just stick something in the ground to support them. good luck dude.

6. btw you may be danker, but im the dankest ;)

7. Well I am currently in Arizona. If I were to grow like 2 plants to be dwarfs should I be fine growing indoors. I live with my parents but they havent been in my room for a good 3-4 months. They hardly even come upstairs. So if I just wana grow like one or two plants how much would I need to spend on lights.
    Thats my only problem. I don't have a job so I have no cash what so ever. Also the smell isnt a problem for me. I have a walk in closet in my room which I equiped with weather strips so there is virtually no smell outside of my closet so I should be fine.

8. The cheapest you could get is a couple of 2 0r 4 foot shoop light with some gro lux bulbs. very cheap! 20 to 40 bucks. grow one plant under it for the winter then plant it out side next summer.

9. Would I be able to grow with just that light you mentioned? And actually get some bud out of it. I just wana see how it is to smoke weed you have actually grown yourself

10. Youll get very little bud with that light. got to start some where tho.

11. Yea I would be content with just a gram. And the seeds are just from some reggy i got the other day so not like im losing anything. I can't find anything on topping. Think you could point me in the right direction?

12. There is a great guide to it in a sticky at the top of this forum.

13. Alright I have another question. I saw a couple people talking about molasses. What exactly is this for? I have some and it is the un whatever kind which everyone was talking about.