growing tide of inequality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Feb 2, 2014.

1. So you hate the rich but worship government and regulation? That is bat shit crazy dude.

2. The sole purpose of government is to plunder wealth at funnel it to the top. That's is. Government of all types give not a single fuck about anything other than sitting money and power and protecting the rich.

Someone needs to.  Thinking only one economic system works, one that has never truly been tried, and dismissing all others shows you have very much to learn.

4. I've shown several times on this forum that the poor are not getting poorer.

Why don't you show some statistics and back up what you say? Say something of substance, please.

5. Slavery worked pretty well for a while too.

If you're talking about "freedom," then yes, let's give that a try.

7. What a noble idea!

It would be something different, that's for sure. Too bad most people are afraid of it. :(

Freedom has nothing to do with economics, freedom comes with lack of authority.  Many economic systems can be worked into the framework of freedom.

10. #31 forty winks, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    Slavery worked pretty good for capital(ist) accumulation too.

11. Even though my comment was clearly sarcastic I'll still address this. Slavery only worked out great for these so called "capitalists" because they had the state legally enforcing their tyranny. Try having slaves in a free society where people value liberty and won't put up with abuses of authority. You will have a very bad time.

12. actually free market has been tried. Many times. And every time it succeeds.

Everytime a government is overthrown, freedom sets in, prosperiry, government, poverty....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The best way to help the poor is to not be one of them.

14. #35 ChillFave, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    money isn't a real measure of value, and so we don't need these people to determine who gets wealth or not. but with that much money, they might have any level of control over the security of the people. that's scary imo, like a kingdom's control over the peasants and the justice system. except with today's technology, and weaponry, it's crazy... information is everywhere for them (and us) to draw from.

"Sent from my LG-E739 made from Africans"

Freedom has EVERYTHING to do with economics.

16. This is simply false. 

Freedom is much larger than economics.  Freedom existed before economics.  Freedom still exists in places where there is no economy.   Likewise, economies can exist without freedom.  Certainly the two effect each other greatly, and usually go together like peanut butter and jelly, but they are two separate terms that can exist completely independent of each other.

Yeah, if you look through the history of slavery in America, it was all backed by the government. The Fugitive Slave Act made it required to transfer any runaway slaves - even if they went to the North - back to the slaves. Slave catchers came about and worked for the government, all northern citizens were expected to the catchers, etc.

Then of course once slavery disappeared, a much more moral and productive event happened, those slaves now could have real jobs.

18. The foundations of economics are founded in praxeology, so economics principles have always existed so far as human beings have.

On another note, why is nobody interested in the actual analysis that is posted?

19. "I'ma pick the world and drop it on your fucking head...." Yeah well. Honestly, who cares? We talk about it, that's all we do.