GroWinG SKunK

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by mike6asher, Jan 17, 2019.

1. First journal in awhile ..
    Learned alot from previous journal responses so here it goes ..

WE GOT SOME STRAINSS
    *Canuck cookies*
    *Cheese*
    *Green crack*
    *Blueberry*

-Soil and teas-
    Fox farm ocean forest

2. Received my seeds 10 days or so after buying them from canada , thanks canada !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I germinated and popped the seeds in my fox farm soil that has been sitting around that i fed with a tea
    Im new to the cover crop game but I love the concept , sink got a pack of cover crop from buildasoil awhile back and I planted it just a couple days before the seeds went in so I'm working with jungles in pots right now .. -___-
    All 4 popped! the cheese's shell was stuck but it has to survive , it was the one i wanted most

Attached Files:

4. There gonna die if you Don’t get that other shit out of there. There gonna strangle her to death.

5. Should I clear up a circle around the seedling, or just clear it all and plant some later on , first time I used it the plants were a year old so it worked fine , i dident think how much it would take over this pot

6. Can i ask, what the hell is that other stuff in the pot haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Anything that’s green besides ur seedling has to be removed. Not just a circle. You might be better off transplanting and getting rid of the grass soil.

8. I mean all the seed are like clovers and other plants that help the cannabis plant grow , it's a pack made just for this , your saying the roots are strangle ?

9. What’s in the fuck.... where’d you buy that? I feel like some moron sold you there spare shelf seeds and told you it’s gonna help ur plant grow. Ur pots to small for all those different plants to be growing. Maybe outdoor but still never heard of that... maybe some new stupid 2019 trend. Trust me man I’ve been growing for almost 45 years and that’s not something I’ve ever heard of and I’ve grown with ALOT of people including pro’s and morons.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It will not strangle his plant lol. Ever heard of cover crop or used organic gardening methods?

No offense brother but his plants will be fine and most importantly will benefit in certain ways. Throw some worms in the bucket, chop a few down every now and then.

Sent from a lost garden Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cover crop - companion planting for better all around growth , some plants are used to help the soil and roots and some help keep away pest

12. Haha alright man whatever you say. I should just start planing 30 weed plants in one pot then

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tried to make a tea with a lil more bacteria then fungi to jumpstart root system( my plan ) I dident get a lot of bubbles but I felt like the ingredients kicked ass , very fresh castings also , first time adding agimno (some amino acid in powdered form)

Attached Files:

14. I would argue the fact of that being completely differing than one cannabis plant sharing it’s home with various companion plants, but I think you know that already.

I only say that because I’ve looked around, I’ve seen others using buckets full of companion plants, and I’d have some “strangled” plants by now if this was the case.

I like to think of it as the smaller roots(cover crop) will break down sections in the soil and loosen the way for the bigger, stronger roots(cannabis plant) to make its way around the pot. Included with the ability to help retain moisture, food for the worms, and so on and so fourth.

Growing 30 cannabis plants in a relatively small pot would be like throwing 25 trees on one square foot of land. Only one will make it(if it’s lucky) due to overcrowding, nutrient uptake, light, etc, etc, you know how this goes.

I’m not trying quarrel. I am just stating an opinion based on a few tangible pieces of evidence is all.

15. You can chop down your companion plants and re-sow if that would be more comfortable and reassuring for you. Plus it’ll add to the quality of your soil but could leach a little extra Nitrogen. If your plants are young though, some added nitrogen may help grow as long as it’s balanced out and not over done.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It’s a version of no til gardening somenplants actually fix nitrogen from the air and release it into the soil to feed your cannabis. I read a lot, doesn’t mean I employ it but it’s a feasible method. Then you can mulch over the cover crop and asnot composts that feeds too.

I’ll st ick to my Tupur and Hempys for now though

• Like Like x 2
  18. I've been sowing cover crops for years in my no-tills, some of my pots are approaching the 5 year mark. I have gotten super busy or lazy or negligent at times with my garden....but I've always maintained my mulch layer and almost always replanted a living mulch when I start a new cycle. I can easily do a full run with only water and have done it several times (lazy).

That being said I would suggest letting your seedlings get established before putting them in the pots. Also if you have the room you should go bigger like 10 gallons or more next time around if you can.

Good luck! 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190117164723098_COVER.jpg 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190117164824677.jpg

19. Thanks for the cover crop support, I know it's a good move just planted them too early but now I know . Going through the entire grow cycle with just water is impressive. your organic buds ?they look tasty!!

20. Cleaned up a bit

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2