Growing Single Plant in Closet

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by CANADAgreen, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Hi
    I'm going to be growing a single auto flowering 60 day wonder feminized plant. I have 4-23 watt day light bulbs, and 4-23 watt soft white bulbs (CFL). Which from my understanding possess the required spectrums of light needed to put my plant through veg and flowering successfully. I am going to be using Fafard all purpose potting soil (See link below). I have an empty closet that measures at around 5' wide, 2' deep and 8' high. From what I have read, if I can make a smaller enclosure for the plant I can optimize the light efficiency, and get much better results. How would i go about this without making an expensive grow box, seeing as in how i already have an empty closet. If anyone has any suggestions about this, or about my lighting and soil choice, I would greatly appreciate the advice. I live in Ottawa, Canada and don't have access to Fox Farm which is so widely talked about.

http://www.fafard.ca/index.php?module=axialboutique&func=view_one_product&id=143&cat=3

2. #2 RoadLizard, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    There isn't much you can do other than try to box the plant in with some reflective boards or something. The problem with closing it in is that air flow is now reduced too which isn't usually good. Cannabis loves fresh air! For now, you can line the closet with Mylar or paint the inside super reflective white. Boxing it in will be tough.

How many lights total can you put on the plant at once?

What you really should do is get a stronger light and more plants! You have a lot of space in there and one plant just isn't going to fill it. Can you possibly go for an HPS setup or metal halide? How about stronger CFLs or more of them? That's a good sized closet..... You could grow a tree in there!

Your soil should be fine. Just read what it comes with nutrient wise and slowly add your own as the plant flowers. Don't overdo the nutes.

3. you could hang a panda film curtain to create a smaller section. easy to take down, great reflection, and light proof on the outside. this should relieve some worries about the air circulation as well, since it's just a curtain and not a solid wall.

at 8' high make sure you can raise and lower your light, or you'll find yourself with an armload of popcorn and a handful of buds

4. with that many cfls and just the one plant you could do with curtaining off a corner of 1'x1' but if your willing to use that many watts and you certainly have the space for it your better off getting a 250w hps and use 2'x2' area and grow 4 plants. you will get far better result from each plant