Growing single cola farm?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Jaaaysace, Jan 4, 2017.

1. #1 Jaaaysace, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Anyone else doing or done this before?

Any tips on growing clones into 1/4oz colas.

Essentially a lollipop sea of green from clones with only single huge cola nugs grown as tightly as possible is the jAAAysace technique.

Average yields 7-10grams per plant in 16oz party cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Pack em in. Soil bed works best over pots/bottles/cups setups.

Make sure your roots on the clones are well established before putting into the bed. Once in the bed do not induce flowering. Veg them for 2-3 more days in the soil bed to help recover from the transplant.

Do a single strain.

Look into no-till gardening so u can reuse your soil and have a head start with good soil for future crops thats loaded with fungi and beneficial organisms.

With a soil bed u can pack em 4 to a sqft and still have enough soil for each plant.

Setup a drip system, even if it is all manual and gravity fed, for the easiest watering.

Aim higher. 7g/ plant should be your bare bones minimum.

Im sure i missed a bunch of pointers, but its late and im tired/baked out of my gord.

• Like Like x 7
  3. I prefer one plant per square foot with 6 colas. Growing a single cola is actually pretty difficult because clones or seeds all grow at slightly different rates.

Putting them in a single bed at 4/square foot is a bad idea. If you need to remove one plant the roots are interlocked and you basically have to trim it down to a bare stalk and leave the root mass.

I would only take advice if people have a journal to back up their advice. WEven my troughs become a pain in the ass when I need to remove a single plant. After a certain point they're locked into place.

received_10154445376753611.jpeg received_10154445245538611.jpeg received_10154449973103611.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  4. If you are referring to me you shouldnt.
    I wont even get into it. Just because I dont have a journal at the moment means nothing. People including myself have done 4 to a square foot for decades. If you do a single strain and are in control of your own grow then why would you ever need to remove one plant? I find you comment insulting, regardless of your pictures which do look amazing, so dont take this as hate. just choose those comments a little more carefully next time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. That reply unintentionally sounded a bit snarky. Advice is cool. Just take it with a grain of salt unless someone can back their claims :)

6. Cute. Real cute.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Simmer down ladies, there's more than one way to grow weed. Stay tuned for the start of the cola farm on Saturday

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sorry. I hate when my skirt gets dirty lol

9. All I know is that Don Piano knows his shit. Also Shasta those are some very nice pics. Great looking garden.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thanks. I meant no offense. But 4/sq foot is asking for trouble. Even at 12" spacing roots tangle up. I've had to remove hermies and leave the stalk in the trough and hope the roots don't rot out and mess up the rest of my plants down the line. I'm sure Don't Piano knows his shit. There are a lot of talking necks on forums. My advice is solid. If someone gives advice and can't back it up take it with a grain of salt. That stands for every part of life.

• Like Like x 2
  11. If you have your strain dialed in and it's tried and true then you won't have to worry about hermies. How long do you veg for six colas?

12. This is a F1 from a Thai progenitor. Unfortunately Thai genetics are prone to hermaprodism indoors. I cracked 99 seeds and 48 females went into this room after sexing. 49 days from germination to flip, but as you can see its a bit crowded. I had to remove several potential colas. Hindsight being 20/20 I would've vegged for 42 days.

I have had 1 true Hermie removed and 1 that turned a week ago on lower branches. I removed the true Hermie and plucked the clusters off of the second. Its all in a grow journal from seed to now.

Not all stellar strains are dialed and tried and true. GG#4 is prone to hermies. And so are several other strains. The reason why people think they've stabilized is because people go through the trouble of cracking a few hundred and sorting genetics.

Anyway, a plant could need to be removed for dozens of reasons. Not just hermaphrodism. That's just an example. Even at 12" spacing my roots mesh together. I can't imagine 6" spacing and taking a plant (or dozens in a bed) to full-term without incident.

Everyone has their opinion and experiences though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I will be flowering 9 clones per sq ft in solo cups,so they will only strangle themselves.
    But yeah planting multiples in same soil is never good for that exact reason.

• Like Like x 1
  14. How are you gonna water that? All by hand?

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4 second blast from my pump sprayer takes 1 min to water all.

• Like Like x 1
  16. [​IMG]

Attack of the clones, time for the 10 day veg

17. I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if those will all be ready to throw into flower in ten (9) days. Wouldn't you want them at least stable and standing tall, starting to take nutrients and showing good growth?

• Like Like x 1
  18. They should all be about 6" tall in 9 days. after 2 weeks of flipping to 12/12 where they usually stretch to about 14-16" then for 6 week they just get dense.

19. 3 days of veg

Attached Files:

20. #20 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    I would say build a table. The SOG method grows I've seen most were on a table. You certainly don't need 6 or 7' of headroom to grow this method and it really makes everything much easier to work on. When there's 60 or so plants to tend to you don't want to be on the ground. It's easier to maintain temps off the ground as well.

You can frame a surround on the table and build a liner or use a plastic hydro tray. Fill the whole table with hydroton gravel and do a flood and drain. Trash can res in the corner of the room or outside the tent.

• Like Like x 3