Growing season

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jfrracing1, Jul 11, 2010.

1. how long of a growing season do you think i will get living in sc ? we seem to get our first frost around october november and our last around mid march. i am germinating now and will be putting them outside in about a week or so . compared to living back north the season for growing seems a whole lot longer for sure.

2. Out of curiosity, why didn't you germinate in say mid-April and take advantage of an additional 2.5 months of vegetation time? Most outdoor strains will begin flowering this month, some next month.

3. i just finally got a piece of land that i can grow on that's mine. it's a first time so we'll see how it goes.

4. Well being a illigal guerilla I wouldn't suggest usin ur own land,but thats jus me.As far as starting now By the time you get through the germination stage most plants wil b flowering.so Ur plants will prob not flower rias fast being thaty there children but still they'll prob almost react like a auto u might get 12-18" of growth(if ur lucky) b4 flowering kicks in.If your dead set on doin it ur space requirements wont be much also b easy to hide.personally if you paid for the seed I'd save em till next year or start an indoor.

5. i'm using some bagseeds. well i figured since i live in the south eastern part of the country, US that is. i get more growing time according to what i have read on latitude. i'm new to growing so it is pretty much an experiment to see how fast they will grow. we just moved from a much colder climate to a very warm one so i'm not really sure how things will go. if i get something fine , if i don't than i learned something. right ?

6. it's the land my house is on and it's right close and very private. very private.

7. I see .the way u worded it sounded like a blank parcel of land.If you plan on next year as well now is perfect tim to find where u want to plant as far as sun and what not.You have a earlier planting time but u also have a earlier flowering goin south.I gotta buddy moved to mountains of NC and loves it(he grows).If it bagseed and in your yard I'd plant in pots and bring em inside at night to veg alil longer if ya can.otherwise I'd plant em right in the ground.spending free u got nothin to loose

8. i figured i would see how long it takes for them to grow and i can track the sun and find the best spots. right now their getting about 7 hours of direct sun and 5 hours of shaded sun. that's the spot i'm using now. so this year is experimentle. this is my second summer down here and we are settled enough to have time to grow.

9. Ahh already on it,excellent good luk rep+