Growing Sativa Indoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by guygreenthumbs, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I'd really like to try a sativa. I know they don't bush out and are difficult to grow indoors. Has anyone attemped this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I have actually. My first plant was a dominant Sativa strain. I raised it in a closet so it had alot of space to grow but basically it will definitely double it's original height if not more if you allow it when you inevitably flower the plant. Other than size, it's pretty much the same lingo. :3

3. I was hoping through lst and topping I could achieve a decent yield like I get with ak and northern lights. Would really like to try some sour d and jack

4. Yeah, topping a Sativa would assist you if done correctly. I only top on perfect hybrids since they're a bit easier to work with for me. 

5. sour d won't go crazy on you at all, i think it's only 65% or so sativa. I've grown tons with long and short veg times w/o it getting out of control.

Jack.. you may wanna do a shorter veg on, those stretch pretty crazy.

but creative LST, topping ans supercroppng will keep everything the way you want them.. just gotta be diligent and keep them in line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks august. I'm reading the yields of New York motor diesel are almost equal to ak. I hope this is true and this seems to be the only strain nirvana has of diesel

7. New york power diesel*

8. The main reason I want a sativa is how Ive read about the different highs and how a sativa will give you more of an energetic high then the relaxing sleepy effects I get from mk ak and nl

9. The last sativa I grew indoors was a G13 Haze from Barneys even topped she went 8 ft ,but with a little lst she was easy to manage, just keep your trims up and make sure you have plenty of light, sativas  are light hogs and like it warm, remember with sativas ya gotta be patient their flowering times can take as much as 112 days and it can get tedious but in the end it can def be worth it if ya go with the right strain.......good luck

10. I'm growing a bushy blue dream and I achieved this by topping the plant twice and a little super cropping. Good luck!

Keep growing till the wheels fall off!!!