Growing = realistic?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kimborasta, Apr 30, 2004.

1. looking around the net, growing sounds pretty realistic.
    when i told my freinds, they looked at me funny as in its almost impossible to do so.
    what do you guys think?
    my dedication level wont be high since iam a busy student, and also not ALLOWED to grow it. (i have to hide it)

2. I think it's reasonable. I'm sort of in your situation, and I'm doing my first grow in a stealth closet box. I'm not expecting an impressive harvest, especially since I'm sure to make many n00b mistakes, but it's just for the use of me and friends.

See if you can't build a cheap stealth box to put in your closet or somewhere. It should be possible to do with some time and money invested. But be careful who you let know about it, *especially* if you don't live in your own place.

Good luck...

3. It takes a thoughtless, careless jerk to stealth grow in someone elses house. You can risk yourself, but have no right to place the lives and property of your host in harms way. That is so uncool it makes my blood steam.

4. well said.

5. if in doubt like that, about getting caught, try an outdoor grow, that way only you are responsible for it, and the persons house won't get taken away by the dreaded D.E.A.......Peace out........Sid

6. do they have the DEA in Mansfield?

7. LMAO...........oops, my bad, didn't notice he was in England.....lol......o.k. you'll not lose your house then, but the old DS would have something to say about it........lol.....remember that smell will be a problem when trying to grow without anyone knowing about it.........and if your looking for little maintenence then outdoors would be a better way to go........

lol.........i really should pay more attention to locations before i go and open my big gob........Peace out.........Sid

8. If your host, whether parent, friend, or landlord, has forbidden an activity within their premises, you are morally obligated to respect their wishes.
    The Golden Rule(Do unto others as you would have them do unto you) is so named because it is the most valuable of the Lessons for Living. All you need to do is ask yourself,"Would I be hurt if this person did [this] to me?" If the answer is anywhere near 'yes', don't do it! It is that simple. Find a way to do [it] that will not jeopardize the relationship. If that means waiting until you are old enough/independent, then so be it. Life is filled with obstacles and tough decisions. How you deal with them is the measure of you character.
    earth girl climbs down fom her soapbox...

9. ....
    please leave a person be. Nothings morally wrong to the person himself if he calculates the risk and knows something about it.
    ...well thats my opinion / theory... as long as it aint something like a murder...

10. Did you say that as long as you calculate it is worth the risk, you don't need to concider moral obligations?
    Don't be surprised if people get on your case. Ethics and morals are the foundations of cultural society. Anyone who ignores them for his own gain is asking to become a pariah in his community. Breaking the law is your call, and one all here have chosen. Legality and morality don't mean the same thing, and are sometimes diametrically opposed. This peaceful overgrow movement and compassionate intervention are examples of this social dilemma.
    If you choose to ignore the morality issues by betraying your host's trust, you are harming the reputation of growers in general. We don't need any jerky smartmouthed juvenals making our sites look irresponsible in the public eye.
    eg signing off

11. Errr, not sure if you're going off on me or on Kimbo, but in my case the stealth isn't so people living here don't find it -- it's so people that *don't* live here don't find it. There's frequently people over here visiting, or for parties. We don't need everyone and their mom having their noses in our business. People who have entire grow rooms must not invite too many people over :D

But I do agree -- what Earthgirl said is doubly (or more?) true if you are growing in your parents house. You can get in LOTS of trouble, and while that's a risk you may be willing to take, you can get THEM in a big mess too. And if you want to continue being a student, I wouldn't even think of growing in school-owned property. RAs and campus police can and will enter your room on a whim.

Peace

12. I won't take and stand on the moral issue, but I will say this. If you decide to grow on someone else's property, you're taking a huge risk. If you don't have enough to afford a carbon scrubber and proper venting system what are you going to do? Constantly burn incense? Think about the smell if nothing else, and even then no grow room is going to be 100 percent odorless during flowering.

13. Go for it, but think of the outcome before you start, then if you think its worth it? Yeah! dont deny responsibility Get a ferret only joking ,sure keeps the smells down,growin weed they need 24/7 care, hard to keep quiet coz you tell your M8 he tells his m8 thats my tupence worth "principles"

14. But kimbo plainly states he is not allowed to grow, so he must hide it.
    That is too sneaky sounding to me. If your host has no objection, and the stealth is for general security, that is one thing. But trying to hide it from your host is dirty, and makes me mad. Even if it wasn't illegal to grow, if your host objects, that should be the end of it.

15. I see what you're saying -- I didn't even snap that his reason for it not being allowed would very probably be different than mine. While anyone who grows [here] probably has to abuse the laws, you shouldn't abuse whoever is trusting you with the growing area (unless it's you, or a cool owner).

Well, most of us aren't ALLOWED to grow it either :D

16. Ok... everyone shutup with the bla bla, criminal, dea, shady shit! Not to outburst but i heard it every time this topic comes up rather then some positive advice....... Being an 18 yo kid that has tried to grow in my house manyt times, ive found that outdoor is 10X easier to pull off then indoor and far safer for your parents. I used to make a small CFL veg box with a computer fan at the top (well now i have a 70w hps tobaccoo grow so i can hide up to 4 plants in the back to 1-2 weeks) then find and prep a plot, move the 2-3 week old seedlings outdoors by throwing them in abackpack with another pot of teh same size taped on top and thrown in a backapack. Then and just water anywhere from once a week to once a month depenidng on the weather and location. Read my outdoor grow gude V and the organic plot prep writeup in outdoor forum. You can use what ever amendments you can get just follow the application directions. try to keep away from chem ferts for outdoors but you can buy certified "organic " liquid fertalizer.

17. You are right grOwer,
    This subject is boring and tedious. But there is no 'positive' way to say "Go away, kid, you are a risk." And no positive way to tell a person when he is badly mistaken. Just because others have done it before changes nothing. As one such, your encouragement is especially harmful. You seem to be telling Kimbo, "It's okay, no big deal..." after all, you pulled it off when you were there. Such a pseudo-justification says alot about your basic character, kid.
    Now you are hiding your weedlings behind some type of indoor tobacco grow? You are certainly very clever and devious. Are your parents pleased?

18. This bores me......

19. Dont ever call me kid... and dont ever judge my caracter because you have no clue who i am.

I said i can have plants in my grow if i need to, not that i will since my friend has a grow in his closet.

20. It is never my intent to hurt a fellow's feelings. I've obviously touched a sore spot! This is a good sign that you may still make it to maturity. Even though I knew you to be a teenager living at home and going to school, I responded too harshly, forgetting for a second what it is like to be your age. Your reaction shows me you actually already know what's right and wrong. The conflict within disturbs your comfortable image of a cool dude, a dashing risk-taker who has all the answers. In scientific and medical reality, young man, your brain is not completely developed. (Heck! Some boys your age are still struggling with voice changes!) This is why chidren are forbidden to do recreational drugs. And why it is statutory rape if children have sex with 'adults'. The child-mind is _incapable_ of informed consent.

Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa! It is my fault that you had such an unpleasant and hostile reaction. I did not compensate for teen-angst and hyper-sensitivity. Hopefully, as you mature enough to look back on your freckless and misspent youth, you'll find yourself muttering the age old plaint, "What was I thinking?!?" .

At present you are seemingly still caught in that adolescent behavior mode which leads you to despise those who challenge your self-image as THE MAN. Believe me when I tell you we have all been there to some degree. I didn't quit thinking I was hot stuff until my late 20s. Suddenly my parents began to make sense! When did they get so smart? At your age, any form of criticism, especially from prosey, sermonizing old farts(I admit it!) who couldn't possibly understand YOU, is like rubbing salt into the wounds of your tender ego.

This is the way it is. A grown-up is able to face facts. He regrets his mistakes, and plans to do better. A thwarted child will only get fussy, unpleasant, and defensive. He cries 'YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!', when what he really means is, "But I want it! Why can't I have it?" Because you can't seem to control yourself yet, I will say no more on this subject to you or about you. Take a deep sigh of relief and go to your room until you can behave like a gentleman.

earth girl is the granny who grows goodies in the desert. To all my grobros I wish the best and finest kind.