growing question

Discussion in 'Security' started by gullieson, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Its a 240 volt power cord like what a washing machine uses, regular 120 volt stuff wont plug into it nor will it plug into a regular 120 volt plug in. Some ballasts can run 120 or 240 volt but if running it at 240 volt then you need a 240 volt plug in like what a washing machine uses, if your not running your ballast on 240 volt then you dont need it. As for guessing how much you would yield from that set up its a guessing game at this point, know way of really telling how much.

2. oh ok thanks what is the potiental yeild u think for this set up if things go right

3. For yield I have no clue, its almost impossible to predict before the grow is even started especialy for someone who doing it for the first time. Read the info on the seeds for average yield and minus a little bit that might give you an idea but dont expect to get as much. I have learned that on my second indoor grow I yielded more then my first. I grew 8 Mountain Do plants to about 4 1/2 feet tall and got about 1/2 pound but I`m growing in soil. The only thing I didnt see in your list was a PH/EC/PPM meter. For hydro I was told that those are a must and when it comes to meters I learned you get what you pay for. Hanna and Bluelab are the top two reccomended. I have the Bluelab ombo meter its accurate and fast but a little pricey. I will eventualy switch over to some type of water set up just havent decided yet but not in a hurry as I dont have the money to right now.

4. W/ the 4x4x7 you can probably look at more light. I've been running 400w in a 4x2x7 and have been pleased w/ the results. I'm about to upgrade to a 600w. You might want to run two smaller ones, (like a 400 and a 400) rather than one big one in order to get the most out of the space, or you could use a smaller tent which would mean you wouldn't need as big an extraction fan.

5. so you think i should downgrade the tent?

6. do you guys recommend the c02 set up or is their a cheaper solution around that

7. Do not spend 2200 dollars on a piece of crap pre assembled grow closet. They are cheap, too small for any "real harvests", and when it is all said and done, U WILL REGRET BUYING THIS PIECE OF SHIT! A while back my friend got a super closet from Dealzer.com and I decided to gey myself a PC planter for 500 something dollars. These things R the biggest rip-offs anybody can buy. MY plant outgrew my pc planter really fast and my nute reservoir would turn my solution green like after 2 weeks! Fuck changin reservoir water all the time. Unless u gon tweek ur supercloset a bit all u r buying is a PIECE OF CRAP!

8. so i've heard so i decided not to my new idea is above 4x4.7 tent

9. if the tent is a little to large for my set up wut size u guys recommend? 2x4x6.5? or 2x2x4? i dont want to go to small tho

10. You should go with the 4x4x6.5 tent with a 600w lamp. You can get a 600w dimmable lumatek ballast for 175$ shipped on ebay. Thats the set up I have and my buds are plentiful, fat, and dense. Buy a air-cooled hood air a cool tube for it with a 6in fan and carbon filter.

tent~$150
    600w lamp~175
    hood/cool tube~150
    fan and filter~225

Thats $1500 cheaper than your original idea minus your buckets and nutrients.

11. okay sounds good so you guys don't recommend the c02 set up? i'm purchasing today so def just want a good idea make everything perfect

12. If you can vent the hot air out and bring fresh cool air in to maintain temps around 77 degrees I dont really see the need for it. Thats my best guess.

13. well the thing that has me thinking is the controller where i can have more control of keepin the room temp and humidity in da room

14. okay so i got all muh equipment jst dont know how to set up fan and filter here is wut i got
    Viagrow 100 CFM, 4" Filter/TD Series Fan COMBO
    sunlight Supply Yield Master II Classic, 6" Air-Cooled
    and a 600 w dimmable light system

if you guys can direct me to a tutorial or explain to me i would be very thankful and i can begin growing

15. Did you ever build it?