Growing Project, need help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by filis, Aug 10, 2009.

1. High all,

I m tired of dealers, thats why i m gonna start growing. I have ordered 5 white widow seeds from greenhouse and I have built a cartboard growbox with 2 pc outtake fans and a hole for passive intake. I need some advice in lighting, nutrients and all the other stuff I will ask while my grow. Oh yea and first of all, would it even be possible to grow in the growbox I ve built? Please give critic about things a have to do...

Imageshack - dsc00499syl

Imageshack - dsc00502krb

Imageshack - dsc00500j

Imageshack - dsc00501q

I would Really appreciate some Help
    Tnanks GC

2. Your pics take forever to load, so I only looked at the first one. Cardboard would scare the shit outta me man, serious fire hazard, not very robust, won't last etc... but that's just imho. Could you convert an old cupboard or something instead?

You have the right idea about airflow, will you be using an exhaust fan to draw the air through? If so, have you thought about how you will install it? Will your box be strong enough to support your light?

You will want about 100 watts of light per plant.

Good luck. :)

3. Sorry, will be uploading smaller pics today:eek:

About the cartboard thing, I really have no money and outside is not an option. My plan is that I grow 1 plant in this box (its too small for 2 plants) wich will give me like 70-120 g yield ( I hope:cool:). And I would sell about 30-40 g and I would have 200 bucks and I could buy a Growtent or something. But at the moment I m a bit in trouble with the lighting, I know that you need 6700k(warm white) for veg phase and 2700k for flowering (cold white). But I never found a bulb where the packaging said what the light spektrum is. We Have some growshops here in Hungary, but everything is really expensive there, and most of the time you can get the same stuff in a simple store, the only difference is, that in the growshop they know the light spektrum.:mad:

4. I would still advise you to use a different material. It is possible to do this on a budget, you just have to put some time into it. Use an old cabinet or fridge, people chuck this shit away and you can easily pick it up for free. Just my two cents, don't want you burning your crib down. :)
    And just an fyi, it's against GC rules to discuss dealing. :)
    Why not order your lights at an online hydro store? You know exactly what you're getting then and the staff will usually advise you if you need help. I order most of my shit online.

5. deffinatly search for something better to grow in. cardboard boxes taped together is very unsafe and unreliable. do you have a closet in your home available? like Freedom said, people throw away cupboards, dressors, cabinets and other things that would be much better and safer to grow in.

6. good effort, but i think if you invest a little bit more time you will have a more reliable and safer finished product. around were i live people always throughout the things freedom and dank are talking about (dressers and fridges). those items are alot more stealth to if thats what your going for.

7. #7 filis, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    I Just bought a 250 W HPS with everything you need to hook it up, some soil, and a very cheap plantfood thing, but the dude at the growshop said for a first simple grow it would be all right. I built the lights in and let everything run just for 10 minutes to see how hot it gets, it got 42c in there, so i just said fuck it and took the whole thing apart. I m still under 18 so After asking my mum, she said I could grow in a small storage room where we used to put old books n stuff, I would just use a part of that room, and I was wondering if I could just put the plant there under the lights with a normal fan( not a shitty small computer fan) and nothing around it. So without any reflective material around it, except the reflector that is overneath my lamp.
    I ll be away for 3 days, and all have my camera back too, and wil give u guys lots of pics.
    Sorry for waiting so long with some photos:smoke:

8. #8 filis, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    by the way the room i totally dark and with no windows, so thats not gonna be a problem and smell is no issue either. And in the growshop they said I could use this one hps i bought for both veg and flower phase, is that true?

9. Yeah, hps in that box would be a baaaaad plan. ;)

You can veg and flower with hps, I have done it with great results. Prefer my cfl for vegging now though. :)

10. you might be a redneck if......

11. So Here are some pics of the lamp and the room, I still have to remove all the stuff so it wont smell. So can I grow 2 plants in there under my lights with a fan, but without taking the whole room apart a making exhaust holes into the door?

Attached Files:

12. That white cupboard looks ideal for 2 plants....

13. its not tall enough, was planning it, but then i realised it wouldnt work

14. Sure it would. Why not? :confused: That space is perfecto, you could always lst. :)

15. right, I havent thought about that;)