Growing pot in December?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NebDro, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Should I try this? I have about 70 or so bagseeds, and I am planning to grow pot whenever the season is here, but I'm wondering if maybe I could get ANY weed at all if I just germinated them, started them in small pots with Cornfield soil, Horse/Cow manure, dead grass roots, and maybe a bunch of tiny rocks, or even perilite to keep the mix nice and aired...It's just an experiment, and yes, I can afford better soil, but I don't want to waste any on something that won't produce:D I live in Texas, a little south of Dallas, so maybe I could pull this off;) What do you guys think?
    Edit: No, not all of my bagseeds, but only like two or three

2. I wouldn't waste the time at this time of year. If the plant even gets past the cold, it most likely won't even have but a g or so. I'm further south than you are and it is still too cold at night and not enough sunlight during day to grow well. I know it would just be a couple of seeds out of 70 or so... but I would just tell myself that could be 2 or 3 BIG plants at the right time of year haha. good luckk.

3. Lol yea, but I also have 67 other seeds I can use. During the winter where I am, it doesnt get much lower than 40 or so degrees at night. Is this too cold? It's usually like 55-70 during the day in the winter...If i try, I'll have some really purple leaves lol:D

4. 40 is do-able but pushing it. Its been low 40's lately, and even when it was low 50's I could def tell the growth has slowed considerably. I have a couple plants sitting in my spare room under lights to finish cause I didn't want to risk it outside.
    and some advice... yes they are pretty when they are purple, but useless when they are frozen too. Learned that the hard way last year hah.

5. Yea, I hear marijuana is a pretty durable plant...I'm hoping so lol. Also, do you think that cornfield soil(I live in the blackland prarie area in texas, where the soil is known for its quality) would be okay mixed with cow/horse manure, dead roots, and maybe some sand for drainage? I'm planning on buying good soil once the season gets here, but I see no need to spend any money on something that most likely won't produce lol

6. I would think that would be just fine for this grow.

7. Thanks for the help...BTW, I see that you did a grow...you should definitely post pics;):wave: