Growing Peppers and Tomatoes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by RongBip, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Hey, so I have my indoor tent set up and light running so I planted a few pepper and tomato plants into some 12" buckets and have them under my 400W HPS. The plants are about 10" tall and still need some growth, but I am not sure how lighting works with these plants. Do they have a vegetative phase and flowering like cannabis? Because they are probably too small still. I also have a MH bulb, would that be better? and I have no idea what light cycle to run, yesterday it was only on 12 hours after I planted them in there. Would a 16 hour schedule be more ideal? I dont want to force these to start producing fruits if they dont have to yet.

Also, light distance, they are about 3 ft away from the reflector hood. Ill get pics up tonight.

2. its a cannabis growing site not veg their is lots of veg growing sites if you google it dude....lmao

3. meh, if you even mention cannabis on those sites you get banned. I am just posting it in here because cannabis is the plant that I understand best, and the set-up is virtually the same. Plus, I trust GC's opinion more than sally sue who grows tomatoes, and I will be growing cannabis after these plants.

I just find it weird that more people havent done this, I thought it would be a popular thing that growers do in grow tents when not harvesting cannabis. The only thing better than growing your own weed, is growing your own food.

Well, from what I have found I should be giving it more hours of light. I will up it to 14-16 or so today.

I still dont know if I should use my HPS or my MH bulb though. I decided to use my hps, because if it burns out or something, then I can still start me weed plants this fall and not have to wait for a bulb.

Ill probably go post on another forum, but I would really appreciate the help on here if someone could offer it. :wave:

4. You'll prolly get more answers in the gardening section of this forum.

5. i hate tomatoes they taste nasty.

6. :eek: Sir, remain calm. You have been infected with rabies, and it is making you think irrationally.

7. im glad u are a Doctor Now im freaking out Am i Going to die? what should i do
    I see a Bright light ohh wait thats just the sun

8. Eat a tomato and everything will be fine.

9. Only If u feed me with a spoon and say its a airplane coming in for a landing

10. No deal. The only way i'm feeding you with a spoon is if i get to say here comes the choo-choo.

11. Hmm, it seems odd to me that the gardening section would be more relevant than this. It is the aspects of an indoor grow that I am questioning, and outside, I have no problem with tomatoes as mother nature does the trick for me. And both section are under the sub section "Marijuana Cultivation", which would deem either place not a good place to post this. Well, I'll give it a shot, but it looks like ill go ask 'ol Sally Sue:rolleyes:

Thanks anyways:p

12. Indoor Marijuana Growing not Indoor Tomato Growing

And no, that does not deem either place not a good place to post this. the gardening section is for... well i'll copy and paste exactly what it says: Discussions on other plants that you grow in your garden such as vegetables, fruits, flowers, etc... You can even discuss your houseplants

13. This thread is pretty funny.

To the OP, try it out and let us know!

14. Then don't mention cannabis. Why would you when your questions are about tomatoes and peppers?

GC is for questions about cannabis. I agree with the first response, you need to find a different site for asking about tomatoes and peppers. 1) you will get better answers that way, and 2) this site can remain focused on what it is intended for.

15. I have a Big Zac tomato clone in a bubble bucket that hasn't grown a bit under 24 hours of light, little root growth too. Using GH Micro (very little) and bloom (normal amount). Too much N with tomatoes and you get leafy plants with few fruit. I'm about to up the N a bit and put it in with my budded plants under 600w and see what happens. Big Zacs are 5-7lb tomatoes.