Growing Patience

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PsiliTheKid, Jul 16, 2019.

1. How does everyone else cope with slow growing, and fight the urge to pamper plants more than necessary? I am doing some guerilla esc growing, and find myself wanting to see my plants daily, and usually dissatisfied with the slow growth. I'm getting an understanding and watering less, unless needed. What do y'all do or tell yourself?

Sent from my QS5509A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. If in illegal state you need to make sure you have a good reason to go to the area every day. Growing outdoors plants can get huge what did you do for soil and what nutes are ya using?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Great topic @PsiliTheKid, I’m that way about my garden and as somebody who has no patience, it has taken some willpower. I’m not much for pushing ferts or overwatering so that helps. If your soil is good then just give it time. It’s growing right now as you read this.:hello:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Got seven going right now, so it's a toss up. Two are in the ground with a mix of some hydro farm soil I found at Walmart. One is a one gallon of Coco loco, (I should transplant, but it's experimental to see how big I can get her in a 1gal smart pot), then we got a female auto in a 5gal fabric pot with 40%native soil, 30% perlite, and 30% Coco coir, and lastly 3 autos in a 30 gallon fabric pot with hydro farm soil (has guano, and blood meal). For nutes, I'm only using Happy frog jumpstart, mychorizae, and Bushdoctor boomerang for now. I do have 12 beans on the way, with a big bag off fox farm Happy Frog soil sitting by. I will take grow pics shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's what I'm learning more and more. It is a weed, so some environmental stress can actually be beneficial in some circumstances. Just got to stay on top of the pest control.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree, pest control is a major factor in the garden. Big ones, little ones and all in between will take a chop at plants.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I actually had a seedling yanked from a peat pot the other day, I suspect squirrel because of how small the opening was, and I think it probably smelled the blood meal in the soil.

8. The more you grow the less you will check. Everyone does at first. Ch cking every 30 minutes like it's going to grow a fucking foot tall.

Hydroponics is usually the fastest way to grow.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Watching the grass grow

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Every area has different pests. Around here it's leaf hoppers, aphids spider mites, slugs ( during spring dampness ) and grass hoppers. Honestly, in over twenty five years of outdoor growing it's only the slugs that have caused me any grief. They're like Marijuana Piranha to young transplants! They can devour all soft plant tissue and the main top, leaving just a translucent slime covered skeleton in their wake.
    It's been my experience that a healthy plant can easily stand up to any of the named insects with little to no appreciable growth loss. That said, insects can be a vector for introducing plant
    pathogens. Leaf hoppers and curly top disease for one.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I doubt very much that squirrels are attracted to the scent of blood meal!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The cage only had about a six inch opening, and the pot was knocked over, with the remnats clearly dug through, but idk honestly. I did have some slugs earlier in the year completely eat some seedling sprouts, but a slug can't do this kind of damage, lol.

13. You must have carnivorous squirrels where you live!

14. That is pretty crazy. Nothing, and I mean nothing, surprises me when it comes to critters.

15. Could have been a fox pup for all I know, there are some nearby.

16. Likely it was the fresh dirt and not your seedling that attracted them.

17. Exactly. The plant was entirely intact .

18. I don’t know if they are bad on pot plants but I’ve had an invasion of Hornworms I think that have pounced on my tomatoes. Plants look like they were hit with a trimmer within a couple of days. I’ve dusted but I have my doubts.

19. My garden is across town, or I would be out there every spare minute. Usually I'm just wandering around drinking a beer or smoking a jibber. IMG_20190714_134841.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maybe a skunk or opossum looking for grubs?